Skip to main content
Topic: The Competition (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
The Competition
Yahoo Message Number: 322
We all know that Lazy Daze stands alone at the top of the Class C food chain.

For those of us who are located far away from California, however, the chances of finding used LD models are slim, and the thought of trek to Pomona and from to obtain a new unit is daunting.

This forces me to have a second look at the competition. Can my longing for an LD be adequately satisfied with a Born Free? Is there anyone here who has owned a BF and would mind sharing some insights? Are there any other close runners-up worth a look?

thanks...

The Competition
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 323
Let me say that IMO there is one characteristic of LD that impresses me above all other brands I have examined: the intelligence, thoughfulness, and care that goes into the overall design and layout of the interiors. Some of the touches were subtle enough that it took me several weeks or months to notice and appreciate them. By contrast, my perception of the bulk of the RVs on the market is that it may take weeks or months for all the annoying quirks in the design to make themselves known.

Other than examining them at RV shows, I have little experience with Born Free models - but I was no more impressed with the layouts than the average m'home. The initial impression of quality was good.

Best advice I can give if you seriously want to consider a Lazy Daze as a purchase option is to find ANY one and examine it closely, notice how it 'feels' as living space compared to others you have seen. Notice the overall and the detail, and try to understand what they have done to make it all work so well together. You will then have your model to use in comparing with others to see how they measure up.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

The Competition
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 324
Let me say that IMO there is one characteristic of LD that impresses me above all other brands I have examined: the intelligence, thoughfulness, and care that goes into the overall design and layout of the interiors. Some of the touches were subtle enough that it took me several weeks or months to notice and appreciate them. By contrast, my perception of the bulk of the RVs on the market is that it may take weeks or months for all the annoying quirks in the design to make themselves known.

Other than examining them at RV shows, I have little experience with Born Free models - but I was no more impressed with the layouts than the average m'home. The initial impression of quality was good.

Best advice I can give if you seriously want to consider a Lazy Daze as a purchase option is to find ANY one and examine it closely, notice how it 'feels' as living space compared to others you have seen. Notice the overall and the detail, and try to understand what they have done to make it all work so well together. You will then have your model to use in comparing with others to see how they measure up.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

The Competition
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 325

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

The Competition
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 326

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

The Competition
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 327

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit