Skip to main content
Topic: Question about 1996 LD value (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Question about 1996 LD value
Yahoo Message Number: 2418
Hi,

I live in Santa Barbara Ca. Someone is selling a 1996 23 1/2' LD in excellant condition with 20,000 miles. He is asking 39,900. I know LD's hold their value. Does this price seem a little high?

Thanks,

Brian

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2421
Hi Brian,

An easy way to find out the price is in the Kelly Blue Book. You can get a copy to look at in your local library or most Banks/Credit union them.

For information my 97 26 1/2 base price was $52,450 if that helps.

Bill

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 2425
Hi Brian,

I bought a 97 26.5 MB this summer for $40,000 and felt that I got a good price.
Look on RVtrader.com and you will see that LD is well above the book even back to the early 80's. Book will say $3,500 and the unit will bo for $11,000.

I

think if you can keep the cost to within 10 percent over high book your doing very well.

I am the guy who hasnt paid more than low book for a car in the last 30 years and I tried but owners dont have to deal on LD unless they are junk.

Also remember that the 97 were the first, I think, to have the 14000 lb chasis and the V10.

Hope that helps.

Sterling in Bend, OR

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2434
Along the same thoughts as Sterling's, I certainly don't like to overpay for anything, new or used, with wheels. I think buying a new car is unwise, due to the high depreciation - a year or two old used car is, in my mind, a better buy. HOWEVER, the one exception to the rule of not buying ANYTHING new with four (or more) wheels, is buying a new LD. It does such a great job of holding resale, that if my '93 MB were to be destroyed tomorrow, I wouldn't hesitate for a second to go up to Montclair and order a new one (although I obviously would not like the 8 month wait).

Jerry