Skip to main content
Topic: LD design years (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
LD design years
Yahoo Message Number: 2262
We want to buying a used LD, probably a MB/rear lounge, but don't know what design years this configuration has been offered and what years or age to look for or avoid. Is there a site where LD design years are summarized and/or critiqued?

LD design years
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2266
The MB has been in production since at least 1989, because once I ordered my new one, a neighbor bought a used 89. I could count on both hands the number of apparent changes made over 9 years. They still love it; I doubt there are any year models to avoid.
Lazy Daze makes small incremental design inprovements, many based on customer feedback, and not major ones just to put out a new model each year. Probably the largest change was the width increase to match the new Ford V-10 chassis. The last major change was to move the interior back 4 inches to address complaints that the driver's seat did not go back far enough, but the tradeoff was in the spare tire location and removing the shelf against the rear. This did away with the TV table and put the TV up into the driver's side cabinet. At the same time they moved and enlarged the propane tank and rearranged some outside stowage compartments.

Gus Weber

LD design years
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2267
"We want to buying a used LD, probably a MB/rear lounge, but don't know what design years this configuration has been offered and what years or age to look for or avoid. Is there a site where LD design years are summarized and/or critiqued?"

The closest thing I've found to a critique (other than our own web site) is the RV Consumer Group's Rating Book (Best of Used Motor Homes 1990 - 1999). According to my book, the 1995 26MB and 26RB is rated only one star out of five. The 1995 30 footer is rated two stars. The 1995 22FL is rated at three stars. These low ratings are due to a lack of net payload and low Highway Safety and Control ratings. Also, the 1990 26RB is rated at two stars. All other LD's are rated at four or five stars.

You can find the RVCG web site in our "Links" section.

~Greg