Skip to main content
Topic: Delivery dates (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Delivery dates
Yahoo Message Number: 2130
Several of us seem to be trying to speculate on the delivery date of our LD by asking for the experience of others who have recently received their unit or have confirmation of an actual delivery date.

My invoice #7477 was dated 9/23/2000 and the approx delivery date is March/April.

As of last week the factory couldn't give me any closer information and suggested I check back about mid March. I would appreciate hearing other recent experiences.

Thanks,

Ray

Delivery dates
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2135
Lazy Daze is very good at estimating your delivery date...they have been doing this for 40 years, after all.
The things they don't have control over are...
-the weather -supply of some items from their suppliers (last year it was Ford not having enough V10 chassis)

We received our 2000 26.5 MB last March 9...about 2 weeks later than estimated. The reason was rainy weather, which hampers the painting process. Since we had alot of rain last week...tack at least a week on to your estimated date.

They will also call you a week or so in advance so that you have your insurance/pick-up arrangements all set. They run a pretty tight ship. They will expect you to be on time as well to do an extremely thorough 1/2 day walk-through of your new coach. If you are late, that backs up another customer.

Your wait will be well worth it!

Rob

Delivery dates
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2136
Hi Ray,

Our invoice is #7469, dated 9/9/00, and we were given an approx. delivery date of the first half of April. I called LD in January, and they said that to be prepared that the date could be as much as 2 weeks beyond that (end of April). We were told to check back in early March.

-Robin

Delivery dates
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2150
My invoice number is 7462. Spoke with LD last week. They estimated (not firm) mid April for pick up.
Starting to get antsy. Hope they give me enough time to make reservations from Baltimore at a reasonable price.

Delivery dates
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 2155
This is good to learn! Our PO is 7539, so now all we need to know is what the production rate is. If yours @7462 is due in April and ours was to be in July..........that's a LOT of coaches to put out in 3 months! but then maybe some of the PO's were discarded??? Anyone have any ideas here?

Delivery dates
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 2156
Ed Newton told us when we were out there two weeks ago that they were putting out about one LD per work day. I am not sure if they work Saturdays or not.
He said that the shortage of Ford chassis was causing their problem. At their production peak before the shortage, they were able to put out up to five LDs per day. I hope to put up some pictures from our recent factory tour soon.

Delivery dates
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 2157
My order number was 7413 and I took delivery on 2/14/01. My VIN notification letter was dated 1/9/01 and I think I got a phone call about three weeks later to arrange for the actual delivery date. They give you plenty of time to make final arrangement and the process was very smooth. Hope this helps.
Marilyn

Delivery dates
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 2158
My order number was 7413 and I took delivery on 2/14/01. My VIN notification letter was dated 1/9/01 and I think I got a phone call about three weeks later to arrange for the actual delivery date. They give you plenty of time to make final arrangement and the process was very smooth. Hope this helps.
Marilyn

Delivery dates
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 2169
As a long term reference point, I took delivery of my rig late last June on order 7300. That's a little over 9 months from Robin's mid April date for #7469, or 10 months if it slips to late April. 169 orders over 10 months is less than 17 per month (assuming no cancelled orders).

Someone may have misunderstood Ed. I didn't think LD's production had ever exceeded 10 per week.

Delivery dates
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 2172
As another clarification, an earlier post on this topic said that Lazy Daze produces an average of 1 and a half motorhomes per week. I think this is more accurate. When we visited the factory, we saw two motorhomes in various stages of production on the factory floor. The factory floor looked like it was not big enough to have more than 2 rigs in production at the same time.

Delivery dates
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 2173
Tigger, We just visited the factory last Friday and there were no less than 10 motorhomes in production on the factory floor--at least six in the framing and insulation stages, and several more ready for paint. Perhaps things are moving faster now that the Ford chassis are more available. Ed said that if we had ordered then our delivery would be around mid to late September.

A comment, too, for those who have not yet had the pleasure of visiting the factory: My husband and I were extremely impressed with the quality of construction of the LD's we saw being built.
It's like a well built little home on wheels--solid wood, thick insulation, attention to detail. I think it is built much better than the home we live in! And, both Ed and Steve were extremely helpful. Now we're just trying to decide on colors and options before we order our 23 1/2 FL. By the way, the photos taken of the interiors at the factory that were posted recently have been a great help! Thanks very much.

Sandy

Delivery dates
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 2175
Sandy,

That's great news! You must be right about the Ford chassis causing the delay, which was apparently why we saw only two LDs on the factory floor when we visited on 9/9/00. We are very encouraged by this news! Thanks.

Delivery dates
Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 2176
There are many buildings at the LD factory and I assure you that there are many rigs in various stages of construction. As to their output, I was told by someone who should have known, that the factory output is limited to 600 rigs per year. New federal regulations for paint booths were prohibitively expensive, so LD elected to be "grandfathered in" at their then-rate of production, which was 600 a year. Whether true or not, I don't know, but Ed Newton once mentioned to me that they produce 600 a year.

Gus Weber