Skip to main content
Topic: Early V10's (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Early V10's
Yahoo Message Number: 24392
An earlier post referred to an engine recall on the early (1997) Ford V10's.
Could someone ellaborate on that; I have one.  I have had no problems, but if there is a chance of a future problem that Ford will fix, I would like to know about it.

Allen

Re: Early V10's
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 24400
"An earlier post referred to an engine recall on the early (1997) Ford V10's. Could someone ellaborate on that; I have one."

Allen,
 The very early '97 v10 had a rear engine bearing problem but it only affected certain early '97 engines before they caught the problem and redesigned the part to fix it. I know of 2 people that had to have them replaced. One being one of the trucks owned by my friend and first boss's family owned company and the other a neighbor who had to have his done twice because the first dealer that fixed it didn't do the job right. That caused other problems beside the bearing going on it again but they were all fixed under warranty by Ford. Your v10 may have been one made after the redesign to fix that problem. Again it only affected engines made early in the '97 model year. I don't know for sure if it was actually a formal recall or just a TSB but both of these happened quite early in the engine's life. Although my neighbor doesn't have his anymore my friend's has well 200k miles on their's since wihout any further problems.

Mike R.

Early V10's
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 24451
Thanks, Mike, that makes me feel better.  My '97 Ford is the chasis for a '98 LD.  I imagine it was bought late in the model year.

Allen