Skip to main content
Topic: I-15 (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
I-15
Yahoo Message Number: 24327
Roz, that was us heading back to Vegas in our 02 mid bath. Our first motor home and we love it. The traffic south bound was insane.
On another note I have installed a nature pure water filter and had problems with the PEX connection to the T fitting. I contacted General Ecology (very helpfull) they sent me a PEX T fitting with the right thread for the system. Really easy to install $12 delivered.
Peter

Re: I-15: water filter hookup
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 24329
On another note I have installed a nature pure water filter and had problems with the PEX connection to the T fitting. I contacted General Ecology (very helpfull) they sent me a PEX T fitting with the right thread for the system. Really easy to install $12 delivered.
Peter
Hi Peter,
 Could you please elaborate on what General Ecology did for you?  What type of t-connector did you have problems hooking up to?  Do you have the 1/4" icemaker t-connector that LD installs or some other one?

I have not yet purchased my water filter, but LD installed the 1/2" connector that was recommended here and I am trying to get more info on what I will need to do to hook up to it.

thx,

Mike S.
2003 26.5 MB
'06 30' TB Anniversary Edition

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 24340
Mike. I don't think you will have the same problem. I did not have LD install the T in the PEX line. The T supplied with the filter has no way of clamping the PEX tube to the T. I would assume LD would use metal crimp rings on the fitting as they do for all the other PEX fittings in the water system.

Peter

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 24343
Thanks Peter,

LD did indeed use the clamps to put in my t-connector.

thanks,

Mike
'06 30' TB Anniversary Edition