Skip to main content
Topic: Verizon Plan Question (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Verizon Plan Question
Yahoo Message Number: 24274
Was wondering which Verizon Voice Plan you Verizon users use..The America's Choice looks really good compared to my ATT, but then it appears that there are pockets especially in the west that would be roaming. The National Plan which covers all with no roaming is about the same cost as my ATT.
Suggestions? Comments? Thanks Sylvia H.
Florida

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Verizon Plan Question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 24281
Sylvia ­ I¹ve traveled a fair amount in the western states with Verizon¹s America¹s Choice.
 There are two kinds of roaming. One (and the most frequent) is with a Verizon partner, and the charges are the same as if you were in a Verizon area and it uses up your minutes as if you were in a Verizon area. On my phone, the ³R² blinks when I¹m in what I call Œgood¹ roaming.
 A couple of times I¹ve been in the other kind of roaming ­ the kind where it¹s not with a Verizon partner, and that kind costs $.60/minute. When my phone¹s in that kind of roaming area, the ³R² is steady. Those places are pretty rare, in my experience.

I love Verizon coverage, and their tech support. Outstanding.

Your mileage may very ­ Sarah in Seattle ~^_^~

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Verizon Plan Question
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 24282
I¹m re-sending this with a different font. Looks like when someone sends me something in monaco, and I respond, it turns my paren¹s and quotation marks into numbers and other funny looking things. So here it is in Verdana. I¹ll see if this¹s better.

Sarah Blackwood wrote: (snip)

Sylvia ­ I¹ve traveled a fair amount in the western states with Verizon¹s America¹s Choice.
 There are two kinds of roaming. One (and the most frequent) is with a Verizon partner, and the charges are the same as if you were in a Verizon area and it uses up your minutes as if you were in a Verizon area. On my phone, the ³R² blinks when I¹m in what I call Œgood¹ roaming.
 A couple of times I¹ve been in the other kind of roaming ­ the kind where it¹s not with a Verizon partner, and that kind costs $.60/minute. When my phone¹s in that kind of roaming area, the ³R² is steady. Those places are pretty rare, in my experience.

I love Verizon coverage, and their tech support. Outstanding.

Your mileage may very ­ Sarah in Seattle ~^_^~
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]