Skip to main content
Topic: inverter not working (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
inverter not working
Yahoo Message Number: 24118
Greetings,

Got a slight problem... I keep meaning to call Lazy Daze but every time I think of it it's the wrong time.
 The outlet for my satelite receiver (next to the TV) is not working.
I turn the inverter switch on and nothing happens.  Well... almost nothing.  Sometimes after a few toggles of the switch, I hear that whining sound from under the fridge where the inverter is installed.
 But the house batteries are charged and the truck battery is charged.

One more piece of info... I recently let the truck batteries drain (by accident of course) and had to jump the truck.  But we've since been on a trip and the all of the batteries are back up to snuff.

Is there a reset switch or a fuse I should look at?  I cannot find this in the manual.

Thanks

Dave

Re: inverter not working
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 24135
I turn the inverter switch on and nothing happens.  Well... almost nothing.  Sometimes after a few toggles of the switch, I hear that whining sound from under the fridge where the inverter is
installed.

But the house batteries are charged and the truck battery is
charged.
 Most inverters will not start if the input voltage is too low. Check the voltage at the inverter power terminals. If it is below about 11.5 Volts, this is your problem.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: inverter not working
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 24195
Hi Steve,
 Plenty of juice... 12 volts... but still not working.   Now I cannot even get it to whine.

BTW... what's the little toggle switch on the top?  The inverter is installed