Skip to main content
Topic: Transmission trouble light? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Transmission trouble light?
Yahoo Message Number: 23875
Returning from a short trip (NH to RI) yesterday, we had the unfortunate experience of having the transmission trouble light, which is the "overdrive off" light in the transmission select handle, start flashing at us.    Within 10 minutes, the "engine service" light came on, as well.    We have a '02 RB with only 15K miles on it.

Initially, we suspected the extreme heat/humidity was to blame, but during a short test drive this AM, the tranny light came on again after about 10 minutes, and the "check engine light" was on the whole time.
 Has anyone had a similar experience?   If so, what was the diagnosis?

We have an appt. with a Ford truck dealer next week, but would like to go there armed with other's experiences.

Thanks

Dianne 02 red RB NH

Transmission trouble light?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23876
engine light" was on the whole time.
 I have a bit older Ford V10, and I had the "Service Engine Soon" light come on.  After paying three Ford dealerships (none of whom managed to fix the problem) I took it to an independent garage with an excellent reputation.
After about 30 minutes of checking, the mechanic concluded that the problem was with one of the sensors.  He replaced the sensor, and we have had no trouble since.

Good luck, Allen