Skip to main content
Topic: The L-D LA-Deze get together (with Mascot) (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
The L-D LA-Deze get together (with Mascot)
Yahoo Message Number: 23802
(alternately dubbed Charlie's Angels)  Oh my gosh...what an absolute blast we had!!  Our little Seattle GTG was so fun, we talked and laughed and ate for hours.  We had Charlie and Marti, Lorna, Beth (awaiting delivery in July), Sarah, and me.  Four LD's parked next to each other...two '87's, a 2002 and 2003.  The site was amazing...crystal blue sky, sandy beach, Puget sound, the Olympic Mtns in all their glory, warm temps, nice breeze, and hundreds (?) of sailboats you could almost reach out and touch.  I feel like my new friends are already old friends!  Sarah is truly a gem, just as everyone says.  Lorna is full of life!  Beth must find a way to bring her chickens on the road with her (her fresh deviled eggs were wonderful!).  Charlie and Marti act like 20 year olds!  Marti couldn't wait to scramble up onto my roof!  I only wish more people could have joined us...we had a blast.  When it got time for me to leave I had 6 people stopping traffic to help me back out--quite a sight.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: The L-D LA-Deze get together (with Mascot)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23805
Our little Seattle GTG was so fun,
Wish we could have joined you, but we had a prior commitment.  I would love to have seen a bunch of other LDs.  Sure sounds like fun!

Laurie
Laurie - 2018 RB

Re: The L-D LA-Deze get together (with Mascot)
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23812
Sue, It sounds like everyone had a really great time.  But you know sooner or later you're going to have to explain the "with Mascot" comment.  What gives?

Charles

2003 26.5 MB

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: The L-D LA-Deze get together (wi
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 23842
Yes, the Seattle gathering last night was quite fun and informative not to mention the killer rich chocolate cake Sue brought for her birthday celebration! My husband Charlie was the only male. So he was given the choice of being the 'token male' or the 'mascot' for we LD Ladeze. He chose mascot but we eventually called ourselves Charlie's Angels! I fell in love with Lorna and Sue's Rear Bath models. I heard Charlie say 'Uh, oh, this could become a very expensive evening.'
 I highly recommend mini get-togethers for those living in similar areas.
A great way to meet new people, learn more about how each person is using their LD, and learn more about your own rig! Thanks to all who came last night and for the wonderful assortment of food. We look forward to more gatherings and to helping Beth christen her RB later this summer!

Marti and Charlie in Seattle '87 Rear Lounge

Marti
2011 Blue MB
Seattle

LA-DEZE -- Was The L-D LA-Deze get together (with Mascot)
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 23860
Sue, It sounds like everyone had a really great time.  But you know sooner or later you're going to have to explain the "with Mascot" comment.  What gives?
Yes indeedy, we had a whole lotta fun and, after you left Sue, we watched the sun roll over beneath the Olympics while Sarah recited poetry.  Next time you see her, ask for a reading of Peety the Hissing Snake...it's a guffaw times three!

Guess we have a name for our new Ladies Group -- it's a good one.
All you wondering what Charlie is the mascot OF ... Sue, Marti, Sarah, Beth and I appear to be the charter organizers of the new Lazy Daze BOF of Women Lazy Dazers, for women only (except for Charlie).  Sorry all you other guys out there, Charlie was the only rooster in the hen house last night, so he's our girlfriend Charlie!  He really looks cute in his mascot outfit.  Besides, he agreed not to disclose our secret handshake and secret password or any of the bylaws!!
 Seriously though folks, (WOMEN folks), we really do think it would be a gas to start a BOF because there appear to be quite a few women driving Lazy Dazes these days (could it be because the rigs are so safe and sound and easy to drive?)  We could have campouts, sewing bees, cookouts, bridge tournaments, gossip, potlucks, geocaching expeditions, caravans to exotic places (or not), tech-tip sharing, lifestyle ideas, gossip, potlucks, hikes, bikes and canoe/kayak outings, packing, storing, decorating ideas, (e.g. readings and demos from Andy's web page), photo tips etc etc.  For example: last night Sarah demonstrated her Mac via Earthlink internet connection; we were going to have an "Awning Erecting Workshop" but the parking lot was too crowded; we could see, photograph and feel Sue's water heater enhancement; Marti could give us bike repair tips and share her kayaking knowledge.  I just know there are a lot of women Lazy Daze owners/drivers out there all over the country with great ideas, who'd like to meet up with other birds of a feather and who can lend support and encouragement to fellow LD La-deze.

Let's hear what you think and I'll start a list of eddresses and ideas.  As they used to say in Laugh-In:  Sockit to me!! Lorna, La Casita, and Sambeau the Scaredy Cat
2003 RB

Re: LA-DEZE -- Was The L-D LA-Deze get together (with Mascot)
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 23934
Lorna wrote --->

Let's hear what you think and I'll start a list of eddresses and ideas.  As they used to say in Laugh-In:  Sockit to me!! Lorna, La Casita, and Sambeau the Scaredy Cat
Lorna,

This sounds great to me.  As a newbie (LD delivery August) I would love to get the woman's perspective on the RV experience.  Once my husband and I both learn the basics of our RV, I look forward to taking it off for adventures like you describe.  I'll probably have to arm-wrestle my husband to see who gets to take it any weekend that we don't have plans to use it together ;-)   --- we're both so eager to get our LD (blue 23.5 FD).

Michele Stickney Sierra Vista, AZ

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 23936
As a newbie (LD delivery August) I would

love to get the woman's perspective on the RV experience.
Michele, so glad to hear from another RVing LD woman.  I noted you live in Arizona and I've made a note of your eddress.  Have heard from several others also -- the idea seems to be taking hold.  Several women (well, 3 that I know of) are taking delivery in November, so I'm already starting to think a late Fall, early Winter GTG might be workable.

How exciting -- your delivery is just around the corner.  Hope the event is smooth and fun -- I know you will love every inch of your new babydaze.
Thanks for your encouragement and interest and good luck on your trip back home.
Lorna
2003 RB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 23942
Lorna,

Count me in, if Steve can be a mascot ;-)  I do about 1/3 of the driving of our LD (and somehow always get the Arkansas interstate and foul weather legs of long treks) and help with a lot of our improvements, maintenance, and repairs.

Michelle

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: LA-DEZE -- Was The L-D LA-Deze g
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 23961
Michele Stickney of Sierra Vista, AZ wrote: (snip) . . . As a newbie (LD delivery August) I would love to get the woman's perspective on the RV experience. Once my husband and I both learn the basics of our RV, I look forward to taking it off for adventures like you describe . . .

Michele - if I get back down to your neck of the woods next winter, let's plan on running away somewhere. We'll trade all kinds of secret girl stuff - like the secret hand-shake and other sundry stupid things we dreamed up here in Seattle the other day.

Sarah ~^_^~

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 23964
Count me in, if Steve can be a mascot ;-)  I do about 1/3 of the driving of our LD (and somehow always get the Arkansas interstate and foul weather legs of long treks) and help with a lot of our improvements, maintenance, and repairs.
I knew that!  You're a typical LazyDaze Lady....smart, confident, and of course since you belong to this group, you're also well informed....so when we all get together, be prepared to share your know-how! Lorna Oh, PS, would you send me a note with your full edress and where you live?  Thx Michelle
2003 RB

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 23966
Seriously though folks, (WOMEN folks), we really do think it would be a gas to start a BOF because there appear to be quite a few women driving Lazy Dazes these days
Could you add me to your list?  I travel more often without my husband than with (due to his work schedule) and would love to talk to other women about their experiences.  I have to say, the LD is my baby.  I haven't even let him drive yet!

Laurie
Laurie - 2018 RB

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 23983
Could you add me to your list?
Laurie -- you got it!

" I haven't even let him drive yet!"

Now that's funny!  But not too too that unusual.  Just met another young woman whose husband is a retired bus driver.  Guess who drives the LD?!!

If you would email me privately, It would help to have your edress and the state where you live.

Thanks, Lorna
2003 RB

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 24045
Michele Stickney of Sierra Vista, AZ wrote: (snip) . . . As a newbie (LD delivery August) I would love to get the woman's perspective on the RV experience.' Once my husband and I both learn the basics of our RV, I look forward to taking it off for adventures like you describe . . .

Michele - if I get back down to your neck of the woods next winter, let's plan on running away somewhere. We'll trade all kinds of secret girl stuff - like the secret hand-shake and other sundry stupid things we dreamed up here in Seattle the other day.

Sarah ~^_^~
Sarah - Could we have secret decoder rings too?  Adorned with only the finest faux jewels, of course!  That could be our first group craft project -- design your own secret decoder ring!
 I really do look forward to meeting you and the other LA-DEZE both as a group and individually whenever our paths may cross.
 Since I notice there's a Michelle already posting on this sight, for future postings I'll switch to my sometimes used nickname of Chely.

Chely (new nickname but still with Phil)

MSN 8 helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*.
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/virus

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 24064
Chely wrote: (snip) . . . Sarah - Could we have secret decoder rings too?  Adorned with only the finest faux jewels, of course! . . .

What a good idea!!

Sarah