Skip to main content
Topic: Black water leak (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Black water leak
Yahoo Message Number: 23764
We just returned home from a 4,333-mi trip through 10 states and had a great time. But we saw only two other LDs on the road.

After the third day I noticed a small leak at the junction of the black water tank and the outlet pipe. It's as if they were not bonded properly. This leak was about one drop every two or three seconds. I dumped, rinsed, let it dry, and taped it up with duct tape as a temporary fix. It's a little better. Always carry duct tape on the road.

The third day was a particularly brutal one in terms of road conditions. I-40 in eastern NM and western OK is terrible. The constant shaking and bumping may have aggravated the leaky joint.

My question is how can I fix this thing? I don't care about the pipes, it's the tank I'm concerned about. Is there pipe compound I can spread around the outside of the joint or do I need to take it apart? Where can I buy drain pipes and fittings? Thanks.

Bob, 2000 LD 26.5' MB

Re: Black water leak
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 24246
Reference my #23764

Ryan, your reply came through to my e-mail and I tried to respond.
However, your address came back as undeliverable.
 I called Lazy Daze and have an appointment for 8/11/03 to replace the black tank. Also to fix some small cracks in the front of the cab- over surrounding the fake black windows.

Bob, 2000 LD 26.5' MB