Skip to main content
Topic: I found my LD!!! (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
I found my LD!!!
Yahoo Message Number: 23586
I am sooo excited!!  DH & I stumbled across a 1994 23.5 twin/king LD and we have just bought it!!!  I met the previous owners last night and they are wonderful people.  They upgraded to a 30 IB (H did so reluctantly; W wanted the fixed bed).  They are going to give us a run-through of the unit so we know how to do everything.  This is especially important since this is our very 1st RV and we don't know *anything*.  They said buying a LD as your first vehicle is a **bad** idea because it forever spoils you for anything else!  I already knew I only wanted an LD!

Leslie Massachusetts

Re: I found my LD!!!
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23590
"I am sooo excited!!  DH & I stumbled across a 1994 23.5 twin/king LD and we have just bought it!!"
 Congratulations, Leslie! I know how thrilled you must be, and it sounds like a great coach. Just keep in mind the standard advice: no matter how good a used coach looks, set aside a couple thousand for any needed repairs and improvements. You might get lucky and not need any, but it's better to be prepared.
 "They are going to give us a run-through of the unit so we know how to do everything. This is especially important since this is our very 1st RV and we don't know *anything*."
 Bring along a pocket tape recorder and get it all on tape so you won't miss anything in the excitement. Of course, if questions arise later, you can always rely on this group for answers.
 And hey--now you can join the Northeast Lazy Daze owners group when we meet at Cooperstown, NY this fall! It's a great group, and a great way to get good ideas from seeing what other people have done with their rigs.

Andy Baird :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: I found my LD!!!
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23594
I am sooo excited!!  DH & I stumbled across a 1994 23.5 twin/king LD and we have just bought it!!!  > Leslie Massachusetts
Congrats!  That is wonderful.  Where in Mass are you?  We are on the Southern border of NH, north of Northfield Mass.  We hope to get to Cooperstown in the fall.  Maybe we'll see you there!

Have a great time learning the ins and outs!

Sue Winchester NH 2002 MB Red

NE LD Group in Cooperstown
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 23598
And hey--now you can join the Northeast Lazy Daze owners group when we meet at Cooperstown, NY this fall! It's a great group, and a great way to get good ideas from seeing what other people have done with their rigs.
Andy,
 Do you know when this will be? Our son goes to college about an hour from Cooperstown. We're going to be there for "family weekend" October 34-26. It would be cool if we could drive over to see the LD group while there.

Terry

Palo Alto, CA
Terry
2003 26.5'RB
Gardnerville, NV

Re: NE LD Group in Cooperstown
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 23664
Terry,

You never did get an answer to this that I saw.  I'm also
interested,

as we plan to be in NY and NH around Thanksgiving this fall in the
LD.

Come on some of you NE'ers, let some of us others in on the
secret.

When is it?  Or don't you allow SC LD folks in?

Barry 26.5' RB TX
Barry:

So do you think that NE expatriots would be allowed?? :-)

All kidding aside - the date and location of the second NE LD'rs meeting in Cooperstown is not yet set, although it appears that it will be either the last wkend in Sept. or the first wkend in Oct.
Bruce & Bette have graciously offered to organize this gathering as well, and I expect that they will once again post a notice on this list when the dates and locations are established.

While it appears that your travel plans re T-Day won't fit with the Cooperstown meeting, you or anyone else on this list may find some of us NE LD'rs at home during your travels to this corner of the world - and we may be able to meet and/or provide local info - so a general brief post about planned travel to NE may be both helpful and entertaining.

Dianne '02 red RB NH

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 23665
I expect that they will once again post a notice on this

list when the dates and locations are established.
Looks like Bruce is quicker on the keyboard than I...

Dianne

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 23667
Dianne (fellow Red RB'er),

Thanks.  We'll keep the group informed.
 What part of NH are you in?  Anywhere near Manchester? (The daughter and son-in-law are doctors there now.  We lived 7 years

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 23669
What part of NH are you in?  Anywhere near Manchester?
Barry...

We're on the east side of Wolfeboro... I hesitate to say if that's "near" Manchester, as I've learned that my Yankee sense of what's near or far is not valid in TX, or anywhere west of the Mississipi for that matter.... we're about 1.5 hrs away.

There are a number of NE LD'rs, though, who are also within that distance from Manchester (both NH & MA), so perhaps a mini-meeting is possible when you visit your family.  Our spouses met in March at the HEB in New Braunsfelds... perhaps we'll all meet sometime.

Dianne '02 RB (don't you just love the) red NH

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 23702
Dianne (of the NH Red LD),

Martha says that sounds like fun.  Send an email to my Yahoo email address, and we'll discuss the possibility of a NH get-together.

Barry Red 26.5' LD TX

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] I found my LD!!!
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 23624
I am sooo excited!!  DH & I stumbled across a 1994 23.5 twin/king LD and we have just bought it!!! Hi Leslie!  As a fellow participant in the "new owner's club"....my advice is go out on a trip ASAP after the walk through.  I picked up my LD in Albq. and drove to Seattle...that level of LD immersion really helped solidify all the info the previous owners gave me.  It gave me a chance to use every single system soon after it had been explained to me...that's the best way to retain knowledge!

Sue 2002 26.5 RB

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] I found my LD!!!
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 23675
Leslie,

So glad to hear you found your LD. Isn't it fun?!? I am SOOOO jealous that you have that ultra cool pantry. We just bought our previously enjoyed 26.5 RK 21/2 months ago and are busy taking lots of trips and slowly customizing it.

Don't ever apologize for asking questions! I have the luxury of having a handy husband, but I sometimes feel so stupid because I can't keep straight a converter from an inverter from 12volt from a/c ... you get the picture. Any question you are brave enough to ask, believe me - will be followed by many of us that are too timid or too unenlightened to even know that the question should be asked in the first place! you should never think of yourself as stupid, just "otherwise talented". We all have our gifts!

Enjoy your LD! Linda in still cool Victorville!!