Skip to main content
Topic: Filtered Water Saga - Simplified? (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Filtered Water Saga - Simplified?
Yahoo Message Number: 23550
Since my brother in law just finished connecting my Nature Pure filter to the LD supplied "T" in all of 15 minutes, I'm jumping in at this late date in the hope this simple solution helps someone out there (and I apologize if it's already been suggested).

Just as I was picking up my LD last month, new solutions were being posted but alas, it was too late to change my original order for the LD installed "T" connection, so that's what I had to work with.  I purchased the chrome Nature Pure at Camping World.  They installed the spigot on the sink faucet plate (thanks for that recommendation Jonna).  Anticipating the mismatched connection problem, I drove away unconnected!

Back "home" my bro in law attached (with a compression nut and compression washer) about 1-1/2" of 1/4" diameter soft copper tubing to the LD shut off valve on the "ice maker" "T".  The copper tubing had been reamed out -- very important to ream out to the full 1/4" inside dimension.  He believes the reaming is the secret to eliminating the flow-restriction problems previously mentioned here.

To the other end of the soft copper tubing, he attached a 1/4"-3/8" brass coupling union.  This part cost about $2.00 and was purchased at McClendon's (a high end hardware store) in Sumner, WA. (He already had the appropriate 1/4" diameter copper tubing in his shop.)  To the 3/8" end of the brass coupling, he screwed on the 3/8" tubing provided by Nature Pure.
 I just watched!  My brother in law is a genius!  Thanks to him I have a vigorous, full flow of fine filtered water ... and no leaks!

Lorna, La Casita & Sambo the Scaredy Cat still moving in and decorating in Enumclaw, WA
2003 RB

Re: Filtered Water Saga - Simplified?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23558
Lorna, Thanks for the description of how he hooked up your water filter.  We had the T installed by the factory, but haven't gotten around to installing the water filter yet.  So I've printed your message and added it to my file of the other water filter installation posts for future reference when we get around to that project on the list.

Thanks for sharing,

Charles.

Re: Filtered Water Saga - Simplified?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23589
Charles, you're welcome.  I know the subject has been beaten to death so you probably have lots of posts printed out!  I do the same thing and my file is pretty darn thick!  Good luck on your install -- let me know if anything isn't clear.  Joe said it's really simple for anyone with just a little plumbing know-how, and the parts are all readily available.
Lorna
2003 RB