Skip to main content
Topic: Electrical hookups (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Electrical hookups
Yahoo Message Number: 23485
I have just purchased a used 95 26.5 MB.  I have the 30 amp plug in on the drivers side which is explained in the owners manual, but I also have a plug in for what I would call a regular extension cord on the drivers side.  I don't find anything in the manual about the light duty plug in.  I would appreciate any information as to what this plug in is for and when I should use it.

Thanks

Bob
2003 30' IB

Re: Electrical hookups
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23491
I have just purchased a used 95 26.5 MB.  I have the 30 amp plug in on the drivers side which is explained in the owners manual, but I also have a plug in for what I would call a regular extension cord on the drivers side.  I don't find anything in the manual about the light duty plug in.  I would appreciate any information as to what this plug in is for and when I should use it.
Almost certainly an owner install. Logic would make it a source of 110 vac if it is a socket, probably powered by the shorepower plug, or maybe tapped from the generator for outdoor use. If it is a PLUG, then its purpose would be more mysterious, and I would have an electrician check it out soon.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23493
"I also have a plug in for what I would call a regular extension cord on the drivers side.  I don't find anything in the manual about the light duty plug in."
 Best guess: an engine block heater or oil pan heater. But the obvious way to find out is to crawl underneath and follow the cable to see where it goes.

Andy Baird :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 23494
Bob, On my 2003 MB there is a regular 110V double socket (just like in my house) on the passenger side of the coach.  It is just a regular outlet, available to power 110V items outside when you are plugged into shore power, or running the generator.  There is also another 110V double outlet on the driver's side inside the door to the back of the refrigerator.  The refrigerator is plugged into 1 of the outlets and the other one is also available to power other 110V accessories when.  I expect this is the same as your 95 MB.

Hope this helps,

Charles.

I have just purchased a used 95 26.5 MB.  I have the 30 amp plug in on the drivers side which is explained in the owners manual, but I also have a plug in for what I would call a regular extension cord on