Skip to main content
Topic: 26.5 RB, Read Window Shade (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
26.5 RB, Read Window Shade
Yahoo Message Number: 23439
Hello all: I need to replace the rear window shade.  It is very long.
Anyone had to do this?  Do I look for a standard in local stores or do I have to order from LD itself?  Thank you.  Mari Susan

Re: 26.5 RB, Read Window Shade
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23440
Hello all: I need to replace the rear window shade.  It is very
long.

Anyone had to do this?  Do I look for a standard in local stores
or do I

have to order from LD itself?
Mari Susan,

LD may have some shade units left, you would have to call them.  If not, I would take the dimensions and see if anyone has a ready made or made to order replacment that you like.
 On the other hand, several years ago I replaced all the shades in my 1995 22' Front Lounge with 1/2" mini-blinds and really like the results, a much more homey feel.  I just never liked the look with the shades down.  Plus there's much more variation in light control with the mini-blinds.

Another option is to see if the pleated shades the factory uses now will fit your rig.  Again, a call to LD would answer that question.

A third option would be you can have the one I replaced (I believe the RB and FL have close to identical dimensions and layouts, however mine is not the wider body) for the price of shipping but that may be more than it's worth ... it's a litte dusty from sitting in the garage the past several years.  Don't even ask why I saved them in the first place ... !

... Wayne

Re: 26.5 RB, Read Window Shade
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23467
Mari Susan,
 Most RV parts and accessory stores including Camping World sell night shades in widths up to 96" and day/night shades up to 84" that are the same type as those in the LD and available in various colors.
They are special order items and you must give them the measurements so they can custom make them and ship directly to you. They also sell mini blinds up to 72" wide designed specifically for RVs although you can use standard ones.

Mike R.

26.5 RB, Read Window Shade
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 23445
Wayne: Can you measure your shade sometime when you are able to?  Let's see if they are the same size.  This one is long, but I have to find a tape and measure it.  Thank you.  Mari Susan  PS, the wood bottom came out of mine when a grandson pulled on it too hard.  Needed to be replaced anyway. (the shade, not the grandson!) msb

Wayne wrote:

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: 26.5 RB, Read Window Shade
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 23453
Wayne: Can you measure your shade sometime when you are able to?
Mari Susan,

The shade from the bathroom measures 55-1/2" wide by 47" long.  The other two from the front lounge area are 66" wide by 50" long.
 Let me know if you'd like some pix, I can take a few during the week and email to you directly ...

... Wayne