Skip to main content
Topic: Storage in 22ft rear lounge (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
Storage in 22ft rear lounge
Yahoo Message Number: 2060
This is for those of you that need extra storage in your LD. I made a pass through compartment under the floor at the rear of this rear lounge LD It's only about 6" high but it holds a lot of stuff such as boat oars, blocks, hoses etc. I used two compartment doors on both sides and plywood on the bottom to be flush with the rear bumper. The doors were bought at LD from people who had a generator added later - I just cut them down to size. This system probably only works for people who still have the portable propane tank. This has sure raised the storage capacity.

Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 2066
Johnvan, I believe we have similar models (I have an '85 22' Twin/King Bed). Do you have some photos of your modification that you could upload to our site? Thanks, Greg

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 2067
Johnvan, I believe we have similar models (I have an '85 22' Twin/King Bed). Do you have some photos of your modification that you could upload to our site? Thanks, Greg

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 2068

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 2069

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 2070

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 2074
Greg, I finally figured out how to send pictures by converting files. If you attempt this project, use good quality marine plywood and be sure to seal the area where I have an arrow otherwise water will go in to the compartment. You will notice that the area where the doors are, is higher than the center of the compartment. Nevertheless, this is a substancial storage area and well worth the effort.
Van

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 2075
Greg, I finally figured out how to send pictures by converting files. If you attempt this project, use good quality marine plywood and be sure to seal the area where I have an arrow otherwise water will go in to the compartment. You will notice that the area where the doors are, is higher than the center of the compartment. Nevertheless, this is a substancial storage area and well worth the effort.
Van

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 2076
Van

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 2077
Van