Skip to main content
Topic: Mini Caravan & LD sightings (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Mini Caravan & LD sightings
Yahoo Message Number: 23350
Here, Friday morning - we are in the Walmart Parking lot, eating a Noah¹s Bagle, drinking Starbucks that we brought along from the SF Bay area. Mike Schfair is headed up to Bend, OR to visit his sister and brother, and I¹m heading to Ashland and Portland, OR. So we took off together yesterday in our own little LD caravan. I have to tell you that Mike¹s new red and white 26¹ MB makes a very striking picture going down the road.
 Mike got an incredible 11.7 mpg from San Francisco to Redbluff, CA. He says it¹s surely due to the Finish First!! ~^_^~
 We saw THREE Lazy Daze¹s on our trip. Any of these you guys? One was just north of Red Bluff (we think) in a rest area ­ Teal, maybe a 30¹. A brown/white and a gray/white were traveling south, on I-5, maybe I-505. We flashed lights, hollered, honked, waved, but you know the drill.
 Mike says he¹s really glad he got the CB option, because we just burned up the airwaves talking about everything under the sun. He says to tell you that he¹s in heaven. The V-10 just hummed up the mountain passes.
 I saw 3 Lazy Dazes on my trip up Calif hwy 395 Tuesday, the 10th. One about 5 miles north of Oloncha (where you get the best jerky in the world, they say) was a 26¹ Tan/white. About noon was a 23¹ Gray/W, towing a pickup.
North of Lone Pine and South of Big Pine. Another (can¹t remember the color, etc) about 22 miles south of Ridgecrest.
 We¹re splitting off in different directions this morning ­ it sure has been fun having a traveling partner!!

Sarah and Mike ­ Yreka, CA N 41° 41.985¹ W122° 28.746 Elev: 2,714

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Mini Caravan & LD sightings
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23376
Pretty neat Sarah, sighting all the Lazy Daze's and all. Sorry you couldn't stay in the bay area for all as I thought maybe we would search you out.  You guys are just having TOO much fun.  Time to go to work, bummer.

Dave
2004 PleasureWay TD

Was: Mini Caravan & LD sightings, Now: on to Portland, OR
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23393
David Reed wrote: (snip) - - - Sorry you couldn't stay in the bay area for all as I thought maybe we would search you out. - - -
Dave ­ sorry I had to scoot, but I have three perfect grandsons in Ellensburg, WA that I haven¹t seen in ages, and I miss them so much that I actually ache.
 I had really thought I¹d stay in the SF Bay area for several days because I love it so much and have so many friends there. I loved living there back in the Œ90s, and would move back there in a heartbeat if I could pull it off somehow.
 But when I realized I¹d have an opportunity to caravan along with someone (Mike Schafir) for several hundreds of sort-of boring miles up an interstate, I jumped at the chance. As much as it¹s fun to be free to travel alone, it¹s not all it¹s cracked up to be for some personalities ­ mine, for instance. I enjoy being with someone to share what I¹m seeing ­ things like that.
 I spent a few hours in Ashland, Oregon today ­ what a beautiful spot. Famous for the annual Shakespeare Festival. In August, I think.
 I¹ll get to spend some time with Celia and Linley Gumm (from the LD list) on my way through Portland. I had the great fortune of meeting both of them last July at the Life on Wheels Conference in Moscow, Idaho. That¹s where Linley and I learned about proportional brakes, propane safety, and lots of other safety and maintenance stuff. Great conference.
 So on to Portland in the morning, then on over to Eastern Washington to Ellensburg, where those grandsons are waiting!!
 Sarah at a truck plaza, snuggled in between 2 el-hugo 18 wheelers, somewhere south of Portland, OR.
N  44° 23.210¹ W 123° 03.396¹ Elev 288¹

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]