Skip to main content
Topic: Options (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Options
Yahoo Message Number: 246
We ordered our MB in April and expect delivery in November. Since ordering we have second thoughts about the utility of options that we did not order, and we would appreciate learning from the experiences of others:
 Additional insulation. What did it cost and does it help (We  live in Wisconsin).
2. Solar charger and/or power
 converter. Are both necessary? How much do they cost. Will cheaper aftermarket utits do the job?

Arne & Gloria

Options
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 247
If the insulation you are referring to is for the holding tanks, this applies if you intend to USE the m'home in weather below freezing. Else you winterize anyway. High quality solar panels and charge controllers are available on the aftermarket probably cheaper than the price from Lazy Daze. We have two 53 Watt panels in the system I installed, and the parts cost was about $550, now around $600-$650.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Options
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 248
Just one note of caution on the aftermarket solar panels. I inquired about adding panels to my '85, but it was recommended by the factory not to because the panels require extra reinforcement on the roof which can only be added during initial construction or rebuild.
I know folks add them anyway, but I would still check with the factory before making your decision, due to warranty issues.

Steve, I'd be interested hearing any details of your solar installation that you care to share.
Greg
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264