Skip to main content
Topic: 2" hitch stock (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
2" hitch stock
Yahoo Message Number: 23310
Hi to all from Bobbi and Eula, now relocated in Santa Fe.  We are about to get set up for towing, with our 2000 26.5 MB. Will be towing a Honda Accord. A friend who has a 2002 LD told me that when she tried to use her Alladin (which she had used with a prior rig) she could not do so.  She said that the Alladin did not fit the 2" LD-supplied square stock.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also...glad to have all the info coming in on supplemental braking.
We're in the market and will follow comments closely.  Does anyone weigh in on the side of not needing supplemental braking??

(the other) Bobbi

Re: 2" hitch stock
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23318
---  A friend who has a 2002 LD told me that when she tried

to use her Alladin (which she had used with a prior rig) she could not do so.  She said that the Alladin did not fit the 2" LD-supplied square stock.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'm interested in any answer here. I have the Alladin that I am planning to use on the new baby when it arrives. I had a Winnebago that the Alladin did not fit and had to change out the receiver.
Are there actually two sizes of 2" square receivers? ? ? ? ? John M
Inv # 8001

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23322
The problem with the square stock not fitting into the receiver has to do with the receiver having a slight radius in the inside corners. (As I recall.) My Aladdin tow bar is only about 1 1/2 years young, and the corners of the square stock came chamfered off, which accommodates those receivers with rounded corners. Should the older aladdin bars have sharp square corners, it can be remedied with a flat hand file. Round off the corners to fit the receiver.

When it comes to toad brakes, it's always best to travel safely. I am sure there are some RVers who tow without supplemental brakes.
Please don't put your safety, and the safety of the person in front of you in danger. You will necer be sorry to have adequate braking at white knuckle time.
Tom

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 23339
I also had the issue, but with a standard bike rack I couldn't get to fit into the receiver that came with my 2002 MB.  I called LD and they said they were getting a few calls with the same message.  They asked me to check back

2" hitch stock
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 23319
I had heard about this problem before I picked up our 26.5 MB last November and asked about it at the factory.  They (Todd I think) assured me that there would be no problem, but the first thing I did when we got the coach home was to try out the hitch I had in the receiver of my pick-up in the LD receiver.  It fit with no problem, then we got a Falcon 2 tow bar setup to pull our Jeep and it also fits with no problem.  I don't know if there was a real problem at one time with the stock that the factory was using, or if the problem is with some of the other equipment that your trying to plug into the receiver, but as far as our coach goes, 2002 model, we have had not problem with plugging anything into the receiver.

Bob Nunes

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: 2" hitch stock
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 23337
My Alladin works just fine in the LD hitch- always has!

Bill Burcham

J. Morgan wrote:

---  A friend who has a 2002 LD told me that when she tried
to use her Alladin (which she had used with a prior rig) she could
not

do so.  She said that the Alladin did not fit the 2" LD-supplied
square stock.  Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I'm interested in any answer here. I have the Alladin that I am
planning to use on the new baby when it arrives. I had a Winnebago
that the Alladin did not fit and had to change out the receiver.
Are there actually two sizes of 2" square receivers? ? ? ? ?
John M
Inv # 8001

http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705126185:HM/A=1564415/R=0/SIG=11t6t7kdo/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164784&partid=3170658>

">lifewithalazydazerv-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

>.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]