Skip to main content
Topic: Folding Doors? (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Folding Doors?
Yahoo Message Number: 23244
My folding doors came apart and they have a grove and fitted side and it looks like they just slide together if I took them off the ramp they hang on.  Anyone have experience in this type of repair?  Thanks, Mari Susan

Re: Folding Doors?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 23250
Mari Susan, I have not seen the folding doors in the Ld's so this info may not apply.  I have done installs and repairs on the type found in home improvement stores. These types have easily replacable panels And are available at places like Loew's and Home Depot and require only a phillips type screw driver and a standard flat tip screw driver for tools. A call to the LD factory would save you some time in determineing how the door is mounted and obtaining a repalcement panel. The first step is to remove the side of the panel door that is attached to the door opening. Some brands are attached by several screws. This should be easy to determine by looking for screws. Some times the screws are hidden by the end panel which snaps on to a plastic gripper. This type can be removed by using the flat blade screw driver to pry the end panel and pop it loose. The second step the track is  unscrewed  usually by removing the  holding screws inside the track at the top of the panel door. Move the door panels to the closed position then remove the screws holding the track. The third step is to remove the door to the outside. At each end of the panels (the top and bottom edge of the door when installed) will be phillips screws. By removing the screws that correspond to the damaged panel you should be able to slide the damaged panel out of its groove. Replace it with a new panel and reinstall the door by following the steps in reverse order. This is an easy repair but again I would suggest you call the factory for specific info.
Ramblin Roy 95 22 Silver FL

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Folding Doors?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 23282
Mari Susan ­ I you go to Quartzsite next winter, there¹s a big RV supply store at the far eastern end of town that has everything you need to build a whole RV. I saw a lot of folding doors there.
 There must be RV supply stores in other parts of the country. Maybe this would be a possibility for you.

Sarah

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Folding Doors?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 23271
Thank you Ramblin Boy! I know I can remove the track and get the door down now.  The panel is not damaged.  I think the pressure of pulling it past a 3 pound coffee can in the way separated it from it's mate.  Both open sides look just like new.  I think I can remove the two sides and slip it right back in it's corresponding panel.  Thanks again.  Mari Susan

ralbritt wrote: