Skip to main content
Topic: Entertainment center? (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
Entertainment center?
Yahoo Message Number: 209
mkcspuds here, actually, having joined up the better half's Yahoo account so we could post from home as well...

We're trying to figure out whether we really want an entertainment center or not.
Having seen them in other manufacturer's units, they seem desirable (especially since it's just the 2 of us so we don't need the cab-over bed). Does anyone who has one care to comment on how much you appreciate having it or wish you'd not spent the extra and kept the potential storage space? Conversely, is anyone really regretting NOT getting one in their unit?

We actually haven't priced that option (for a 26.5'). I would think that and Bilsteins are the only options we'd consider, and I don't know that the shocks would really be up for discussion, anyway.

Thanks!

Michelle

Entertainment center?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 227
Howdy:

My wife and I purchased a 26 1/2 RK recently with an entertainment center. We are very glad we did. It is just the two of us and we can stretch out on our twin couches and watch TV to our hearts content. The extra space is great for all our lightweight cargo. Is this any help? Hope so. Pete

Entertainment center?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 228
Howdy:

My wife and I purchased a 26 1/2 RK recently with an entertainment center. We are very glad we did. It is just the two of us and we can stretch out on our twin couches and watch TV to our hearts content. The extra space is great for all our lightweight cargo. Is this any help? Hope so. Pete

Entertainment center?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 229
Howdy:

Entertainment center?
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 230
Lana:

We love our RK. One thing I requested was to have an adjustable dinette table put in so as to be able to sit in the kitchen area and stretch my long legs down the aisle while my wife is whipping up a delicious dinner for us. It's a nice little extra we like as it's just the two of us and we don't use the full dinette table set-up.

Happy Camping!

Pete

Entertainment center?
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 231
Lana:

We love our RK. One thing I requested was to have an adjustable dinette table put in so as to be able to sit in the kitchen area and stretch my long legs down the aisle while my wife is whipping up a delicious dinner for us. It's a nice little extra we like as it's just the two of us and we don't use the full dinette table set-up.

Happy Camping!

Pete

Entertainment center?
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 232
Pete, can you explain what you mean by "adjustable dinette table"?  Just exactly what did you have done differently than what came as standard in the RK?

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Entertainment center?
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 233
Chris:

As you know, the standard table is fixed and extends into the kitchen even with the edge of the back seat. I had them cut the table down, so the table would be even with the short seat. They have provided a leaf for the table so when we "entertain", I pull out the short seat and plop the leaf in the table, and "presto" a table for four. As explained, all this gives a little, un-obstructed seat in which to stretch out.

Pete

Entertainment center?
Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 234
This sounds like the standard dinette for LD in the 30' model I have seen at shows for many years.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Entertainment center?
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 235
This sounds like the standard dinette for LD in the 30' model I have seen at shows for many years.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Entertainment center?
Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 236

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Entertainment center?
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 237
Steve:

You are right. I didn't know I could order the table this way when I ordered our motorhome, but discovered the table on the LD video and thought it would be perfect for our use. I really didn't know how exactly the table would be constructed but knew it would give us a little more room.

Pete