Skip to main content
Topic: Rig for sale (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Rig for sale
Yahoo Message Number: 20335
ANDY. I APPRECIATE YOUR POSITION, BUT YOU MIGHT TRY TO APRECIATE MY POSITION.  LAZY DAZE BUILDS MOTORHOME WITH THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE TO BE USED.  THAT IS WHY THEY USE THE BEST OF MATERIALS.  THOSE WANT-A-BE'S THAT ARE OBSESSED WITH NUMBERS ON AN ODOMETER ARE NEVER GOING TO OWN A LAZY DAZE UNLESS THEY ARE VERY QUICK.  I HAVE HAD FOLKS ASK ABOUT MILEAGE AND WHEN I ASK HOW MANY MILES THEY EXPECT ON A 6 1/2 YEAR OLD VEHICLE, THEY SAY LOW MILEAGE.  TO ME LOW MILEAGE IS A NEW UNIT.  IF I SAID MY UNIT HAS LESS THEN 30,000 MILES AND WE NEVER USED IT AND IT HAS SAT IN THE FRONT YARD FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, WOULD THAT BE DESIRABLE?  DROP A DIME AND I'LL TELL YOU ALL ABOUT MY BEAUTIFUL LAZE DAZE THAT IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITION.  YOU HAVE TO GET OUT AND LOOK AT THE UNITS!!!

CHUCK H  760 365 9170

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Rig for sale
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 20341
Charles,

Everyone has been gently trying to tell you that you are alienating potential buyers by not listing the mileage, or worse yet outright refusing to answer questions about it.  Think about it, if someone refused to answer your question about a used car or a house, wouldn't that send up big red flags to you so that you wouldn't even bother to ask any more questions and just move on to another car/house (or Lazy Daze?)  Everyone reading this board knows how well built a LD is.  To want to know the chassis mileage is a legitimate question, yet you keep refusing to answer it.  That makes it seem like you're trying to hide something.
 You have likely permanently lost potential buyers because you aren't answering questions about the mileage.  Whether you mean it or not, because you refuse to answer the mileage question, you're coming across as being very difficult to deal with

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Rig for sale
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 20344
Chuck, I agree with you, LD motorhomes were built to be used, what difference does the mileage make.  Its much like the woman I married 5 years ago.  I found out the hard way that she had been married 7 times before and had I known she had that much mileage on her I would have taken a much longer look at the situation.  We divorced 4 years ago.

Good luck in selling your LD.

John K.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 20378
"YOU HAVE TO GET OUT AND LOOK AT THE UNITS!"
 I did. Then I bought a fifteen-year-old LD with 115,000,000 miles on it. I've put another 10,000 on it since then. You don't have to tell me how well they hold up; I already know.
 The folks I bought Gertie from freely told me everything about her, down to the exact mileage. No games, no coyness, no "you wouldn't understand." If they hadn't been straight with me, I wouldn't have bought her. Give prospective buyers credit for some intelligence, and let them make up their own minds based on all the facts...or withhold information, and earn their distrust. It's your choice.

Andy Baird :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 20384
buttord, I don't think you folks are serious people.  I know several hundred Lazy Daze owners.  Yes it has 96,000 miles so what?  It is in like new condition and I have worked very hard to keep it in that oondition so the next owner could love it as I have and do.  I have very little respect for those that are so cheap they wont call to find out what is availabe.  You will look a long time to find a better unit then I am offering.

Chuck H

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 20389
John K,  I feel for you.  I married my wife 50 years ago and she is the savior of my life.  unlike your experience I got lucky the first time.  I can assure you this motorhome has only been married once and it is one I have loved very much.  It is my desire it will go to someone that will love it as much as I have.  It only let me down once, and that was 6 months after I baught it new.  Sorry you have had such bad luck.  I expect with your experience you might call LD and order one that no one else has used.

Chuck H.

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 20391
stcook, why are you peaople so damn cheap.  I have listed my phone number.  Call and I will tell you all you need to know.  You can't buy a LD without making some effort.  Get out and look at them.

Chuck H

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 20394
You missed my point Chuck, I'm with you.  I bought my 1986 rig with 138,000 miles.  All original.  Only mechanical I have done is the alternator.  I'm satisfied!, Ron

Re: Rig for sale
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 20414
Chuck H,

I've stayed out of this catfight but I have to tell you that the mileage issue is important to any buyer regardless of the known quality of the coach or chassis and its durability! That goes for any vehicle. Your uploaded collateral file does show a mileage deduction and that should give people a good clue as to what it should be worth at the current mileage and what a bank would be using to calculate what they would lend. Your asking price is closer to the suggested price on that collateral report without the mileage deduction. It also shows most if not all of the options you have in it and what they are worth. Based on that and some other posts showing what they are worth or going for with higher mileage you are in the correct asking price range for a vehicle at this age and mileage IMO.

My thoughts on the mileage, and let's round to the nearest thousand and call it 97k, is that this is NOT bad mileage for the Ford chassis at that age. If people think it is just do the math and you'll see it's around 13.5-16k/yr. depending on when it went into service.
That's close to the normal average for a vehicle per year. It is high only when viewed against the average for a motorhome but it means it hasn't sat unused a lot and that IS better!  It definitely has no bearing on the coach and provided you have serviced and maintained both the chassis and the vehicle, and I'm sure you have if you really love it, that means it has had a major service done within the last year on the chassis since 90k is a major service interval. Many people say a gas engine is only good for 100-125k miles but that is not true with a well-maintained modern gas engine. I have friends that own several Ford box vans for their business and have one around that age with over 300k miles on it and it isn't "tired". It has been maintained and yes some parts have been changed in suspension and other areas but properly maintaining a vehicle is far cheaper than buying a new one and paying the payments every month.
 The thing I disagree with you on is that since you had already posted the mileage in the used LD for sale database and people here were asking about it why not just tell them to look at that post or answer their question? It is foolish to just keep posting that ad it won't help you sell any quicker. You have done far more to alienate potential buyers and getting a buyer from this group by skirting this trivial fact. If you'd tell them in a phone call and have already posted that info in this group in another area why be so adamant about not giving it freely when asked? You won't get any better response from them by having them on the phone! It makes people feel you have something to hide and that isn't a good way to make a sale or gain their confidence to make a trip to see it. I'm sure you have loved and taken good care of your LD and done the maintenance when needed. Potential buyers still want to know up front what exactly they are getting to make a decision as to whether to contact you and ask further questions and possibly travel a great distance to see the vehicle. I'm sure they all know the LD quality and many probably know the Ford chassis quality, though it's not as good as the coach's. But that is an important matter to most buyers and by withholding that info it makes people feel you are being dishonest with them even if that isn't true. I've been in sales and marketing for many years and I can tell you that your position is a huge mistake!
 The only other issue I have with you is the post length for so little new being said. I'm not against a long post as anyone in this group can clearly tell you and this post plainly shows. I don't like posts that reply to an existing thread and don't delete all the previous post except for any small portion that is pertinent to what they are replying to in it. When you reply via email or online (which is really using Yahoo email) it is proper Internet etiquette to delete the previous message in most cases. There are exceptions to every rule and leaving a relevant portion that is important to the matter of the reply is acceptable. It takes very little time to remove the previous post, just highlight the text and delete it or simply hold the delete key until it is gone. Not doing so a couple word reply can become a very large file and those on Pocketmail or with low bandwidth that like to read these messages have a long wait to download what I refer to as someone else's garbage. You aren't alone in replying like this and several people have on numerous occasions asked that this practice be discontinued for the sake of all members.
I'm asking again, PLEASE! Most members haven't got an issue if the post is long and all the information in it is new. Especially when it is important information. But to waste group space with redundant posts especially when replying to a long post is something I think everyone hates to see and I know I do.

Good luck selling your loved LD!

For those with low bandwidth or using Pocketmail, I apologize for this long post!

Mike

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 20422
  buttord, I don't think you folks are serious people.  I know several hundred Lazy Daze owners-----
Too bad one of them didn't want a newer model LD and buy yours. Alan

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 20451
Alan, thanks.  I have owned 4 new LD.  I have sold 2 LD and I willl soon sell the 3rd.  It is paid for and it wont get any older until Oct. or Nov when the 2004 come out.  I have my Lazy Daze, you wantabes don't.

Chuckie

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 20456
Mike, I totally agree with you.  I have worked very hard to keep this Lazy Daze in like new condition and I don't mind saying that I have little patience with those that are so cheap they dismiss your unit without at least having the curtesy to call ans see what you are offering.

buddy chuckie

Re: Rig for sale
Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 20457
Chuck, If you totally agree with me do us all a VERY big favor and before sending a reply delete all of the previous message text that you are replying to like I did here! It would make a lot of people VERY HAPPY!

Good luck with selling your LD!

Mike