Skip to main content
Topic: Thanks to all of you (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Thanks to all of you
Yahoo Message Number: 20010
Like many before me (as I've gathered from reading nearly all of the posted messages at this site), I feel the need to thank you all for helping to make a willing convert of me. For the past three years, I've been a 1999 Rialta owner and taken many short trips (the longest was three weeks) in this very tight little RV. It was my first, and while I've had a few complaints, on the whole, I have been satisfied.
I really didn't know there was a better product out there.
As I'm getting ready to retire in another two months (turned 65 yesterday on St. Patrick's Day), I began to think about something a little roomier for anticipated longer trips and was looking at other Winnebago models when I chanced on The Green Book, followed those five stars eventually to this group and the many happy posts, and eventually drove out from L.A. to Montclaire (also yesterday) for one of those friendly chats with LD Ed.
There will be no turning back now! Making plans to put the Rialta up for sale and doing the paper work to try to figure out how I'm going to swing this on retirement income. But I know I've got to do at least one more visit to drool over the configuration I've decided on and will do well if I can hold off writing that $4,000 check for even another week.
Just in case anyone thinks I'me making some bad choices and is willing to make some helpful suggestions, this is what I've come up with after several changes of mind already: 26 RB, 2 sofa, tan int., silver ext., Bilsteins, 2 solar panels, ext. shower.
Figured I'd upgrade to a better sound system on my own afterwards and can live with the tiny TV until plasmas come down a bit.
Well, even with quick action, I wouldn't see this before the snow flies again (in SoCal?), but you've all been there and know the wait will be worth it.
It's going to be a pleasure to join all of you lucky people.
- David Walker

Re: Thanks to all of you
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 20013
Go for it, David! Our silver RB w/tan interior is due in mid-June.
The difficulty of making the decision is NOTHING compared to the waiting!! :-)

Best of luck to you --

Lee

Just in case anyone thinks I'me making some bad choices and is willing to make some helpful suggestions, this is what I've come up with after several changes of mind already: 26 RB, 2 sofa, tan int., silver ext., Bilsteins, 2 solar panels, ext. shower.
Figured I'd upgrade to a better sound system on my own afterwards and
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Thanks to all of you
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 20032
My LD is for sale due to a divorce.  It was our first, and will be our only.
How lucky we were to score this coach.  Everywhere we went people asked to see the inside, take a peek, ask a few questions, and then they would wipe the drool from their chins as they walked back to their winnebego's.  You will not be sorry.  And when the day comes that with a heavy heart you must pop the old "For Sale" sign in the window, you will know that the lucky recipient will have a sturdy, generously appointed coach, and will drive away with a smile.  Congratulations! Jill Vizard