Skip to main content
Topic: Furniture and sleeping (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Furniture and sleeping
Yahoo Message Number: 186
I like to thank the folks - Greg, Steve, Rob and wanatrvl - who offered insights in the tradeoff re bedding: island bed vs. sofas in the mid-bath.

We have lots to think about, but that doesn't mean instantaneous decision! We'll be getting the factory video in a few days....

On topic of furniture, I have another question: it appears that the chairs and sofas are all free-standing, correct? This seems to contrast with many manufacturers who build in all the fixtures.

So I wonder about the safety implications: are any of the sitting locations behind the cockpit provided with seatbelts, or is this strictly a 2-person vehicle? And with the chairs unsecured, is there a real risk in case of collision that a heavy piece of furniture becomes a projectile behind the driver?

Furniture and sleeping
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 187
I like to thank the folks - Greg, Steve, Rob and wanatrvl - who offered insights in the tradeoff re bedding: island bed vs. sofas in the mid-bath.

We have lots to think about, but that doesn't mean instantaneous decision! We'll be getting the factory video in a few days....

On topic of furniture, I have another question: it appears that the chairs and sofas are all free-standing, correct? This seems to contrast with many manufacturers who build in all the fixtures.

So I wonder about the safety implications: are any of the sitting locations behind the cockpit provided with seatbelts, or is this strictly a 2-person vehicle? And with the chairs unsecured, is there a real risk in case of collision that a heavy piece of furniture becomes a projectile behind the driver?

Furniture and sleeping
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 188
The sofas and dinette are built ins. Only the chairs (in models that have them) are free standing. At each chair location there is a floor-secured seat belt. The belt is to be threaded thru the chair and fastened whenever the coach is in motion, so the chairs don't become projectiles.

Hope this helps /noel/

Furniture and sleeping
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 189
In our 26.5 midbath, we had LD install 2 extra pairs of seat belts for the rear couches. The dinnette has two sets, and the rear now has four sets (comes with two sets as standard equip). So, besides the driver and cab passenger, there are enough seat belts for 6 more people.
The rear couches are built in, but slide together to make the bed(s).