Skip to main content
Topic: The SAGA continues... (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
The SAGA continues...
Yahoo Message Number: 19889
Once again, hi to everyone,
 Well my BABY left the Lazy Daze factory and is now sitting at Pech Truck Center in Whittier, CA.  The service manager indicated they will have BABY torn down and ready for the insurance adjuster to go over the estimate by the end of Monday.  Then approximately 2 days to do the work.  Work that needs to be done:  1) An instrument panel as the gauges no longer work, 2) The breaks need to be checked as they weren't checked in TX and after the accident they went out - the service manager thinks the ABS control may have shorted out like the gauges did.  3)  The shocks checked as BABY bounces a lot more then before the accident. 4) A wind noise from the drivers door since the door was replaced.  5) The alignment needs to be redone.  I received two new front tires and within the drive from TX to CA you can already see the wear on both tires.  Once again, I have met some wonderful people at this place.
John Rudberg, the sales agent that sells LD the chassis, was willing to drive me all the way back to the LD factory to retrieve my rental car.
Can you believe it?
 After they are finished, then I will need to have the hydraulic levelers checked out as one of the lights remain on after the jacks are retracted.  Then BABY will be back to her pre accident condition.
 I want everyone to know what a fantastic job Tim and the factory did on BABY.  He saw that everything that needed to be done was accomplished and done expeditiously.  I had given him a list of additional items that I wanted done while BABY was there and they were accomplished as well.
And it was done within a two week time frame.  I am so grateful that I chose to drive the extra miles to have the work done at the factory.
Not only was the work done flawlessly, but I also got the chance to meet some wonderful individuals - individuals that up to now I have only heard about on this list.
 All of the companies know what customer service means.  I have to say I have been very lucky since the accident.

Kathi

PS.  Tim, if you read this, I know you didn't want me to extol your virtues, but credit needs to be given to you and the workers at Lazy Daze.  Thanks again.