Skip to main content
Topic: Cab over bed--fall out? (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
Cab over bed--fall out?
Yahoo Message Number: 1729
Has anyone ever thought about the possibility of falling out of the cabover bed, especially if there are two people sleeping up there and one has to be close to the edge? Has it ever happened to anyone, and if so, how would you suggest preventing it from happening?

Cab over bed--fall out?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1730
Mine came (used)with  a guard rail which I always use.  I haven't fallen out of bed for about 50 years, but I'm not going to chance it from up there.
Tom

Cab over bed--fall out?
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 1732
I think there are two concerns here.

If you are worried about falling out while sleeping, this is likely only if you tend to fall out of your bed at home.

If you are concerned about falling while getting out of bed - such as slipping while groggy, or simply forgetting where you are - this would depend on your home habits. If you tend to wake up a bit first, then extricate yourself, turning on a light if dark, then I don't think you'll have a problem. If you are halfway to the bathroom before waking, or you sleepwalk - don't use a bunk.

We use ours exclusively, for sleeping. I.e. it is always where we sleep and it is always made up as a bed. My wife and I are careful (and slow, in the morning) and have never fallen.
I HAVE had some close calls while involved with repair or other daytime projects up there, when my attention is more likely to be focussed elsewhere than my elevation.

Bottom line, though, is that we sleep up there comfortably unconcerned about it. If it bothers you enough, reason aside, it may not work for you. I imagine some sort of edge barrier or clip-up net could be used for peace of mind.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit