Skip to main content
Topic: Maintenance Checklist (Read 13 times) previous topic - next topic
Maintenance Checklist
Yahoo Message Number: 19858
We'll be owners of a 26'RB sometime towards the middle of May.  In reading all of these helpful posts, it occurred to me that possibly someone has developed a checklist for maintenance work that should be done regularly (such as lubricating the awning, etc).  We have NEVER owned an RV and don't want to screw anything up.  More importantly, we want to maintain the LD so it will hold its value as well as give us years and years of enjoyment.   We'll read the manual inside and out, of course, but I see so many posts about maintaining this, that or the other, I'm afraid we won't even know many of the things that should be dealt with regularly.  Anyone out there know of such a checklist?  Thanks for any help/recommendations you can give me.

Patti

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Maintenance Checklist
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 19870
Thank you, Andy'just what I was looking for.  As I read more of these posts, I'm sure I'll have more to add to it.
 I see you're in Texas.  Can you tell me what the weather is like there in August'specifically near Lubbock (probably spelled wrong)?  I'm thinking it's very hot and humid.  Never been to Texas.  I'm used to Central Coast California climate.  Thanks for this added information.

Patti May - 26.5' RB 2003 Red CA

Check on
 http://ie.engr.wisc.edu/thesen/TheLazyDaze/Maintenance.htm

which comes from message # 5980 by thesen.

Barry 26.5' RB 2001 Red Texas

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Maintenance Checklist
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 19874
Lubbock is HOT and dry in August.  Pray the wind does not blow... dust storms and sand storms make you think you are in Iraq!

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Maintenance Checklist
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 19875
Patti,

Your guess of hot is correct.  Not particularly humid, however.
That is

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Texas Weather
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 19884
Ok, then ' I know where we won't go in August.  Lubbock, Texas, will have to wait for us to come some other time.

Thank you, Barry, Sabra and Allen for the August weather report and steering me straight (straight out of Texas in August).  I hear parts of the state are very beautiful and we'll choose another time to visit there.

Patti

I see you're in Texas.  Can you tell me what the weather is like there in August'specifically near Lubbock?

http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egrou pmail/S=:HM/A=1481659/rand=167092134>

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 19899
Thanks for a great suggestion'we'll wait until next March/April.  I would love to see and photograph the wildflowers.
Allen has concurred: 'Have a great summer somewhere else, and visit Texas when it is a bit more hospitable.' Patti

Visit in April when the wildflowers are in bloom.  Springtime in Texas is gorgeous!

(our first bluebonnets have arrived in Central Texas!)

http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egrou pmail/S=:HM/A=1481660/rand=424462611>

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Texas Weather
Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 19904
Patti,

Just to second what Michelle and Allen said, right now is the right time to visit here

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 19908
Sharon,
 I'd love to visit now--only no LD yet; appears to be due about May 1-15.
It will have to wait until next March/April.

Gotta ask:  what does the "" mean that I see frequently on posts?

Patti
Just to second what Michelle and Allen said, right now is the right time to visit here in southeast TX.  The wildflowers are blooming all over the place, and the bluebonnets have just started.  .

We hope to be somewhere other than TX when summer arrives, though.

[Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re: Texas Weather
Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 19910
means 'Grin', i.e. that the sentence (or paragraph) before is intended as humor, don't take it too seriously.  The ;=) and many similar variations have similar meanings.

They were developed because of the lack of body language

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Re:
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 19916
 Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 8:33 AM
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Barry, Thanks for educating me on the "language".  There has to be someone out there besides myself who didn't know what it meant, maybe.  I'll take a look at that site for more examples :-).

means 'Grin', i.e. that the sentence (or paragraph) before is intended as humor, don't take it too seriously.  The ;=) and many similar variations have similar meanings.

Gotta ask:  what does the "" mean that I see frequently on
posts?

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 19928
I noticed on the maintenance checklist that the tire pressure recommended was 65 psi.  My tires indicate that for maximum load, I should have 80 psi.
My rig is over 10,000 pounds, but I am not sure of the load distribution.
Shouldn't the tire pressure be closer to the max weight recommendation?

Allen

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 19930
I noticed on the maintenance checklist that the tire pressure recommended was 65 psi.  My tires indicate that for maximum load, I should have
80 psi.

My rig is over 10,000 pounds, but I am not sure of the load
distribution.

Shouldn't the tire pressure be closer to the max weight
recommendation?

The 80 psi is for the load rating printed on the sidewall, which is more than you need. LD has tire pressure recommendations for all their models, and I would use those. Higher pressures will increase ride harshness for you AND the coach structure and fixtures, accentuate uneven tire wear, and decrease impact resistance of the tire casing. Tire temperatures may be reduced slightly, along with heat deterioration, for high speed highway travel. This latter is usually an insignificant plus when compared to the minus with the high heat buildup if the tires are used UNDERinflated.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 19954
"My rig is over 10,000 pounds, but I am not sure of the load distribution.
Shouldn't the tire pressure be closer to the max weight recommendation?"
 If you're not sure of the weight or the weight distribution, then the first thing to do is find out.
 Get the rig weighed *wheel by wheel* (duals count as one) at a truckstop or state weigh station; or better still, get really precise weights and a detailed printed analysis from the RV Safety Education Foundation (http://rvsafety.org/) at an RVing get-together such as the Escapees Spring Escapade. See the RVSEF website for information on how to do the weighing.
 Once you've done that, you'll find tire inflation tables from all the major manufacturers also on the RVSEF site--so you can figure out what your pressurs should be.
 The main thing is: don't guess. Get your rig weighed, and then you can decide what to do.

Andy Baird :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"