Skip to main content
Topic: Getting Close? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Getting Close?
Yahoo Message Number: 19724
I have Purchase Order # 7882 dated August 17, 2002 with an expected delivery date of "March 03".  I have not yet heard anything from the factory. I plan to call Steve tomorrow.  Before I talk to him I have a couple questions that I would like to address to this group.

My unit will be a 26.5 RB.  There are not many shortcomings to the bathroom in this model but I do recall that the medicine chest above the bathroom sink did not appear to hold much.  I anticipate having to keep my shaving gear in one of the drawers with my socks and shorts. Would there be room directly alongside the medicine chest in the 26.5 RB to mount another identical medicine chest.  It appears in the picture on page 5 of the current Lazy Daze brochure that there would not only be room for such an installation but it might even enhance the appearance of the bathroom when viewed from the lounge. I would be grateful if someone with an RB would take a look and see if there are any restrictions to preclude it.

I do not know that Steve would be willing to make such an addition.
But I do not want to request it if there is something which would preclude it anyway. I have tried not to pester him because I know that any time I call I am taking him away from attending to someone's motorhome.

My other question concerns the planned trip home to Tacoma, Washington.  I will drive the 150 miles to Ridgecrest and have Chuck Carvitto (The Tireman)install the metal valve stems in my rear duals.  I will ask him to check the torque on all the lug nuts and look for any early indication of front tire wear. Then, we will drive US 101 the rest of the way home and will have 1500 miles or more on the unit before I can get it into the Ford dealer here for the initial oil change and to have the front end alignment checked.  I will check the oil frequently and I have a tire tread depth gage and will use it from time to time to check for abnormal front tire wear while enroute.  Does anyone have any additional suggestions for keeping track of initial wear on the engine, the tires, or anything else?
 In closing, I want to add that I have monitored this discussion group for almost seven months now and I have saved a lot of information for future reference.  Your comments have been very valuable and I appreciate all that I have learned on this site.  I have not contributed much because I am half afraid of making some awful mistake in the posting.  I do not find Yahoo to be user friendly.

With thanks, Nate Walker

Re: Getting Close?
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 19729
take a look and see if

there are any restrictions to preclude it.
If a second cabinet were installed it would extend to just an inch or so short of being over the toilet. The bottom of the cabinet is approx 5.5 ft high. This would be fine for me, I'm only 5' tall but would be awkward or even dangerous for taller people using the toilet. I wouldn't advise this addition and my guess is that LD won't do it but it's too bad that the cabinet isn't maybe 1.5 times it's current size. The current width is the same as the width of the front of the sink counter so I expect it is this way to keep things symetrical and looking neat.

PS There is a neat little sunken shelf above the valence from the cabinet to the wall behind the toilet. Can hold lots of "stuff".
When I get a chance, I am going to get a shelf built for the cabinet which will make more efficient use of the cabinet space. Because of it's odd shape, I think it will have to be custom built.

Hope this helps.
Good luck for your travels in your new LD.
Linda

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 19739
Nate
 I can guarantee that LD will not install an extra cabinet especially after the order has been placed.

Our 23.5' Front Lounge has the same bath as you RB. I added a shelf over the toilet to provide extra storage in an area that is unused.
I'm thinking about a second one beneath the first one. To see it go to: http://photos.yahoo.com/lw5315us

Click "New bath shelf"

Maybe this shelf will help you with your need.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Getting Close?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 19762
Thanks to Linda and to Larry for their responses to my earlier post on this subject.  After talking with Tim at the Lazy Daze Factory this morning I have had to make a change to the Data Base to reflect the following:  Purchase Oreder #7882 dated August 17, 2002 now has a forecast delivery date sometime during the week of April 21 through 25.  That puts the waiting time, for me at least, beyond eight months.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 19781
We have a '99 26.5 RB and you are right, the medicine cabinet is small and odd shaped. We have found that the narrow shelf to the right of the cabinet, with the front return,  that runs the width, is very handy to store some of those items, such as lotion, shampoo, etc. My wife found some "padded pockets" (I think they are hot pads), about 6" X 6", and put several in the shelf and puts the above items in. They stay put, don't rattle, and are handy to reach.
(I should take a picture)We just put shaving gear and tooth brushes in the cabinet.
Easy, cheap and no installation problems.
Chris

Getting close?
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 19772
Nate,

If the extra medicine cabinet doesn't work out, you might consider getting a hanging toiletry kit from LL Bean.  It's called a personal organizer.  I used that with my new LD and hung it over the shower rod.  I folded it and put it in the vanity when driving because I wasn't sure how it would hold up while driving.  You can see them on wwwllbean.com. They come in three sizes.  Mine is always packed and ready to go anywhere.

Monica
Monica
2017 MB