Skip to main content
Topic: Seeing a LD (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Seeing a LD
Yahoo Message Number: 19705
Greetings,

I've seen LOTS of class C's and have gotten to the point where it looks like I'll be getting either a 24' Minni Winne or a 26' LD.

My problem is that I know what the quality is in the Winne which is nice (not as nice e.g. as a Born Free) but I've never seen hands on the inside of a LD.  Would you say that the Winne and LD are about the same in terms of interior fit and finish, or how might I get to see one here in Florida or up in western NC where I'll be soon.

Many Thanks,  Bob

Re: Seeing a LD
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 19711
Greetings,

I've seen LOTS of class C's and have gotten to the point where it looks like I'll be getting either a 24' Minni Winne or a 26' LD.

My problem is that I know what the quality is in the Winne which is nice (not as nice e.g. as a Born Free) but I've never seen hands on the inside of a LD.  Would you say that the Winne and LD are about the same in terms of interior fit and finish, or how might I get to see one here in Florida or up in western NC where I'll be soon.
No comparison. The LD is superior in workmanship, materials, and specially design to the Minnie Winnie. Still, friends of ours chose the Minnie, back in '97, due to a floor plan they preferred (1st floor bed, nothing convertible), also in 24'. Overall, they have enjoyed it, but despite many, many kludges of design. Convenient storage is almost nil - inconvenient storage cavernous, the closet is tiny, few windows, cheap blinds that always fall down, water tank hard to fill and takes forever to drain, no place for paper towl holder without blocking something, etc...
 We also discovered when installing their solar panels that the touted
1.5"+ roof is only 1" thick, total.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 19722
[how might I get to see  one here in Florida ]

Many Thanks,  Bob
Bob, Where in Florida are you? I'm in Satellite Beach (Melbourne) area and will be very glad to have you see our 1996 30' IB. Email me at disccopy (at) cfl (dot) rr (dot) com .

Sylvia Hatcher

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 19726
Dear Bob, We very recently purchased a 1989 LD 26.5 mid-bath and I can tell you we were swept off our feet with the best design in a class "C" we've ever seen.  We looked at a 2000 Jamboree and the configuration was ridiculous.  What we love about ours is that the people sleeping over the cab or on the converted dining room table will not disturb us if they have to get up during the night to use the bathroom.  We can completely close the back room off if we wish.  Although it has no slideouts like some of the newer homes have, we seem to do just fine moving around and it doesn't seem cramped. We had four adults and two children in ours last weekend. We are so happy with our purchase and believe it will just get better and better the more we use it.
Good Luck, Pam

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 19734
Bob, We looked at every Class C made before we bought our LD and I had discounted them at first even though I really liked what I saw on their website because they were factory direct only and in Ca.
Finding used back then was next to impossible and this group wasn't around. The only ones I found were arounfd 10yrs old and I wanted a E450 V10 based coach. After looking at all those availble locally at several shows and dealers we had narrowed it down to a select few with Itasca being one (Winnie's high end brand). After joining RVCG and seeing the ratings and getting an education as to what to really look for (even though I'd had RVs and grew up with them) we decided we had to actually see one ourselves and flew to Ca. As others here have said there is NO COMPARISON! Nothing else was as well laid out or constructed. Born Free is nice if you like confined high priced Class Cs but overpriced IMO. Chinook was too small for us but also nice and too high priced. We sure are glad we joined RVCG and made that trip!
 I don't know where in Fl you live but there are beginning to be more LD owners in Fl and I'm sure one of us can work out something to allow you to see one first hand without making the trip to Ca. I still recommend you do it some time because I've also been to other RV mfgs and LD makes a far better product. I live in St Cloud and you can contact me by looking at the profiles and emailing me at the address listed in my profile.

Mike

Seeing a LD
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 19714
We've owned a Winnebago and a Lazy Daze.  There is no comparison.  At present we have an LD on order, and can hardly wait to have it.  They are so beautifully finished inside and out.  If you haven't seen one, you are in for a treat.  They don't age either.......

Jane and Bob in Colorado

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Seeing a LD
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 19737
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 3:38 PM
 Subject: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Seeing a LD

Dear Bob,  We have been looking at motor homes for two years.  We saw a LD in a parking lot and right away we could tell the difference between this RV and all the others. There is no comparison! sharon & bill

">lifewithalazydazerv-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: [Life With A Lazy Daze RV] Seeing a LD
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 19770
We have 2000 26.5 MB  in Lady Lake ,(The Villages)FL.  Would be happy to show it to you. ().

Arne