Skip to main content
Topic: On visiting the Factory (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic
On visiting the Factory
Yahoo Message Number: 1721
We just visited the factory on the 10th of Jan and it was a wonderful experience. It was all of what we had expected and more. Wow, what a way to build a motorhome. I noticed that the mounting screws that fastened all of the cabinetry as well as other items, was from the inside of the inside wall and spaced every 4" apart. I must agree with a recent post that it is also great not to spend alot of time looking at swatches and all. I believe that LD saves us money by buying in quantity and the least amount of inventory that they have to carry saves us all money. I would like to mention too that if you call LD when you get into Ontario Airport, they will come and get you and also take you back to your hotel. Todd, who is in purchasing, also took us to the closest laundramat so that we could get that chore done. They just seem to desire to help all they can. Plan to spend the entire day there if you like, they are prepared to answer any and all questions. Our personnal tour was with Ed Newton, which was one of the owners, and he was great to spend so much time with us. There were many models on the floor to look at so you will have a good selection to choose from. I believe it best to call ahead just to make sure that they will be able to pick up.

Mick in Sitka Alaska

On visiting the Factory
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 1786
Another good thing about LD is that IF you have any questions about the coach after delivery, call Steve Newton. I think he knows every nut and bolt on every coach LD ever built. We were in Sitka last year in July, where we had medical problems and had leave our coach with the Fire Dept while we were flown to Seattle. Since we could not go back to Sitka, they put the coach on the Ferry, back to Bellingham WA. for us. All this at no cost to us. Please thank them again for us.
Oscar & Shirley Garies

On visiting the Factory
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 1787
Another good thing about LD is that IF you have any questions about the coach after delivery, call Steve Newton. I think he knows every nut and bolt on every coach LD ever built. We were in Sitka last year in July, where we had medical problems and had leave our coach with the Fire Dept while we were flown to Seattle. Since we could not go back to Sitka, they put the coach on the Ferry, back to Bellingham WA. for us. All this at no cost to us. Please thank them again for us.
Oscar & Shirley Garies

On visiting the Factory
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 1788
Oscar & Shirley Garies