Skip to main content
Topic: Squeaky stove (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Squeaky stove
Yahoo Message Number: 19585
Barry,

I saved a post from you describing how you stopped the squeak from the stove.  We've been tightening the screws to stop it but it never lasts long.  In the post you said you used 'threaded tape'.  Do you mean like duct tape?  or packing tape?  I'd really like to stop that squeak for good.

Thanks,

Jonna

Re: Squeaky stove
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 19590
Jonna,
 I should have said 'stranded' tape (package tape).  I only used that because it was what I had available (we were underway on the road).
I put a small doubled peace of it between the screw head and the metal mounting tab of the stove.

It's on my 'to do' list to replace the tape with fiber, rubber, or plastic washers because, like with your tightening, it sounded like the squeak was coming back slowly on our last trip (unless it is a new squeak).

Good luck, and let us know if you come up with a better solution.

Barry 26.5' RB Texas

Re: Squeaky stove
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 19603
Barry,

oops!  You did say 'stranded tape', I lost the word between reading and typing, probably because I didn't understand what it was.

I'm wondering if something like locktite might keep those screws from coming loose.  I'm going to look around and try to solve this as it is becoming constant. Of course, I forgot about it when we were at the mother ship a few weeks ago.

In the mean time, I think I'll stick a couple pieces of tape in there!  Thanks,

Jonna

squeaky stove
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 19687
We used a low tech method to stop the squeak while on the road-we place a kitchen towel on the stove, then close the hinged cover--no more squeak.

We learned this from the original owners.

Cindy
Cindy Beck
2004 MB Blue/White, Honda CRV
Corona, CA

Re: squeaky stove
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 19696
Cindy,
 We always do the same, keeping the kitchen towel under the stove top while traveling.  The squeak we were having was there despite this, and although it sounded like it was the oven door, turned out to be the front screws mounting the oven to the cabinet at the bottom.
They are hidden until you remove the oven door.

Barry 26.5' RB Texas (presently back

Re: squeaky stove
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 19885
Cindy,

We always do the same, keeping the kitchen towel under the stove top while traveling.  The squeak we were having was there despite
this,

and although it sounded like it was the oven door, turned out to be the front screws mounting the oven to the cabinet at the bottom.
They are hidden until you remove the oven door.

Barry 26.5' RB Texas (presently back in NH, NY but without LD)
Barry, Thanks for the tip on getting rid of the stove squeak. I just got back from a week in Arizona (Beautiful weather & roads). The stove squeaked so bad I just started removing things such as the top, door and cover. I put up with it until I got home in rainy So. Calif.
Checking your message led my to the solution. I put in bigger screws with antivibration washers and this solved the problem.
John - 2001  26.5 RB

Re: squeaky stove or squeaky "something"???
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 19923
W/ our 30 IB, we notice a squeak, more like a creak, when going down the road.  I've gotten up and checked it and it seems to come from the area of the converter.  Has anyone else noticed this? or is it unique to our LD?  Thanks   -- the green machine, aka Kokers