Skip to main content
Topic: 12-volt store (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
12-volt store
Yahoo Message Number: 19315
Someone recently posted a URL for a place that sold all sorts of 12-volt items. I thought I bookmarked it, but I didn't. Would you re-post?

Thanks - Sarah

Re: 12-volt store
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 19322
Sarah,

I'm not Victor, but see message # 19134
Thanks Barry and Victor - I added these to the links. A note for those interested in 12V items, though. Just because they make'em don't mean they work good! Manufacturers will make what ever they think will sell, and heating devices are both popular and stand a dim chance of matching even a fraction of the performance of AC-powered appliances. Buy with return privileges, if you must.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: 12-volt store
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 19326
Many of the 12vDC devices work very well but many also draw a large amount of current. Some even work just as good as their 110-120vAC counterparts but again the major downside is power consumption.
Without a lot of battery capacity and a power source to keep them charged you'll run out of power very quickly with many of them. This is especially true with heating devices and those with heavier duty motors. Everyone should  make sure they understand this and not expect too much from them. As Steve has mentioned buying from a company with a liberal return policy is a good idea. Also make sure before you buy a device that you realize how much power it will draw and determine if you have sufficient battery and recharging capacity to support them.

Mike