Skip to main content
Topic: Another electrical question (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Another electrical question
Yahoo Message Number: 19220
I have followed all the recent post referring to electrical questions and have one of my own. We have a 2002 IB and live in upstate NY.
Three days ago I went to clear the snow from around the LD. As I approached the LD there was a steady beeping sound coming from inside. I went in and could not find the source of the alarm, though it seemed to be in the kitchen area. The battery indicator read weak, I then turned on the ignition and the beeping sound stopped. I ran the engine for about ½ hour and then the generator for an hour. It seems someone left the dash radio on during one of our tours also the red light indicator for the electric steps was on. While running the engine the charge indicator reads 14 and the display reads charge. The solar panels still have some snow on them but it is raining now and should be gone soon. I have checked the indicators the last two mornings; the charge readout is 12 and the panel reads good.
My questions are: where was the beeping coming from, are the readouts ok and  should I do anything else?

Thanks for the help

Jim & Joan 2002 IB

Re: Another electrical question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 19221
"As I approached the LD there was a steady beeping sound coming from inside. I went in and could not find the source of the alarm, though it seemed to be in the kitchen area. The battery indicator read weak"
 I'd guess it may have been the propane detector. These will false-alarm when system voltage is low.

Andy Baird :-)
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 19223
I'd guess it may have been the propane detector. These will false-
alarm when

system voltage is low.

Andy Baird :-)
Thanks Andy for the quick response. I just read the LD manual on the LP-GAS detector and you are absolutely right, it says if the house voltage goes below 8.5 volts this will activate the yellow low voltage LED and be accompained by an occasional beep. It is interesting that the beep was a steady beep when I was outside the LD but increased its frequency when I opened the door.

Jim & Joan 2002 IB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 19230
We have a 2002 IB and live in upstate NY.
Jim & Joan
I see from your profile that you're in the Finger Lakes region. We live in the SF Bay Area, but our son is a freshman at Colgate University in Hamilton NY. When we dropped him off last Labor Day weekend we took some time to tour in our rental car (Adirondacks to Albany to Finger Lakes to Niagara Falls to Lake Ontario) and found upstate NY to be beautiful and the weather nearly perfect that time of year. We're awaiting delivery of our 2003 26RB this coming summer and retirement in fall 2004 to start full-timing for a few years. We hope to spend more time in your area along the way. We had breakfast the last day of our visit at a motel restaurant a bit north of Watkins Glen on way to the airport in Syracuse and enjoyed their spectacular view of the lake below and the hills beyond. You live in a beautiful region of the country.

Terry

Palo Alto, CA
Terry
2003 26.5'RB
Gardnerville, NV