Skip to main content
Topic: Our 26.5 RK (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic
Our 26.5 RK
Yahoo Message Number: 177
Chris asked why we picked the RK. I recall it was a process of elimination: 23.5 Almost big enough, but not enuf GVWR.
30.0 Too big (at least for now) 26.5 Island--tempting, but we sleep in the cabover of our little Toyota micro-mini now. LD's cabover is plenty big, and the island bed means no dinette.
26.5 Mid-bath -- problem with dinette behind passenger 26.5 Rear-bath We liked this one almost as much as the RK but RK as a little more counter-space in the kitchen. On the other hand, if we have visitors, there's more room for everyone to gather.
2 6.5 RK -- Our final choice, but not perfect. I sometimes sit at the dinette while Pat drives our Toyota. Not sure I'll do this cause of being so far away and, maybe, getting bounced around.
Also, this is a new floor plan and I hope we're not going to be the pioneers that discover problems that Ed and Steve didn't anticipate.

Someone asked about the ent. ctr. Didn't get it, we plan to sleep there. Even if we end up moving down below, I like the flexibility of being able to reconfigure the space myself, rather than having something built in.

That's it for now. Thanks for the interest.
/noel/

Our 26.5 RK
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 178
Chris asked why we picked the RK. I recall it was a process of elimination: 23.5 Almost big enough, but not enuf GVWR.
30.0 Too big (at least for now) 26.5 Island--tempting, but we sleep in the cabover of our little Toyota micro-mini now. LD's cabover is plenty big, and the island bed means no dinette.
26.5 Mid-bath -- problem with dinette behind passenger 26.5 Rear-bath We liked this one almost as much as the RK but RK as a little more counter-space in the kitchen. On the other hand, if we have visitors, there's more room for everyone to gather.
2 6.5 RK -- Our final choice, but not perfect. I sometimes sit at the dinette while Pat drives our Toyota. Not sure I'll do this cause of being so far away and, maybe, getting bounced around.
Also, this is a new floor plan and I hope we're not going to be the pioneers that discover problems that Ed and Steve didn't anticipate.

Someone asked about the ent. ctr. Didn't get it, we plan to sleep there. Even if we end up moving down below, I like the flexibility of being able to reconfigure the space myself, rather than having something built in.

That's it for now. Thanks for the interest.
/noel/