Skip to main content
Topic: Sarah in Seattle (Read 18 times) previous topic - next topic
Sarah in Seattle
Yahoo Message Number: 168
Sarah, as a front-lounge owner who was originally in the market for a rear lounge, I can tell you we are more than happy with our choice. Some things that affected our decision are not so obvious until you see them from the inside.

-The three-side view from the rear lounge:

Actually, you have something similar with the front lounge model. The big windows on the sides are still there, and the cab window serves the purpose of the 'rear' window. When seated in the front lounge, the cab becomes kind of a bay window onto the campground, lake, or whatever. This is especially true of the older models where the cab and coach floor are almost the same level (the bunk has less headroom in the older models though, and there is no fold-back section).

-Separation of front/rear in the rear lounge:

This is a plus and minus.
Certainly, if more than just a couple sleeping in the cabover bunk, this gives superior sleeping and privacy arrangements than the front lounge. The front lounge also has no twin-king option. However, for just a couple sleeping in the overhead, the front lounge has a couple features that make it much nicer:

The interior feels much more open and larger. the rear bath being well integrated and harmonious with the rest of the interior - with the bath door open and that big rear window, you can see everywhere.

The bath in the front lounge is much more spacious, lighter, and comfortable to use than the one in the rear lounge model.
Very bright and airy, by any RV standards. Yet with the bath door open, the toilet is out of view of the rest of the cabin and the open coach doorway. When it is just the two of us, we only close the bath door if taking a shower in cold weather - to keep the heat in.

All in all, I hope this makes it tougher for you to decide between the two models ;^).
They both have advantages, and this is why both designs have been available for a LONG time in the short wheelbase models.

But I will complicate your life further - they also used to make a very popular model on this wheelbase called the 'multiplan'. More flexibility in interior layouts were offered, with a few quirks thrown in. If you are shopping the '80's or '90's models, you may run across one.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Sarah in Seattle
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 169
Sarah, as a front-lounge owner who was originally in the market for a rear lounge, I can tell you we are more than happy with our choice. Some things that affected our decision are not so obvious until you see them from the inside.

Actually, you have something similar with the front lounge model. The big windows on the sides are still there, and the cab window serves the purpose of the 'rear' window. When seated in the front lounge, the cab becomes kind of a bay window onto the campground, lake, or whatever. This is especially true of the older models where the cab and coach floor are almost the same level (the bunk has less headroom in the older models though, and there is no fold-back section).

Certainly, if more than just a couple sleeping in the cabover bunk, this gives superior sleeping and privacy arrangements than the front lounge. The front lounge also has no twin-king option. However, for just a couple sleeping in the overhead, the front lounge has a couple features that make it much nicer:

The interior feels much more open and larger. the rear bath being well integrated and harmonious with the rest of the interior - with the bath door open and that big rear window, you can see everywhere.

The bath in the front lounge is much more spacious, lighter, and comfortable to use than the one in the rear lounge model.
Very bright and airy, by any RV standards. Yet with the bath door open, the toilet is out of view of the rest of the cabin and the open coach doorway. When it is just the two of us, we only close the bath door if taking a shower in cold weather - to keep the heat in.

All in all, I hope this makes it tougher for you to decide between the two models ;^).
They both have advantages, and this is why both designs have been available for a LONG time in the short wheelbase models.

But I will complicate your life further - they also used to make a very popular model on this wheelbase called the 'multiplan'. More flexibility in interior layouts were offered, with a few quirks thrown in. If you are shopping the '80's or '90's models, you may run across one.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Sarah in Seattle
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 170

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Sarah in Seattle
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 171

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Sarah in Seattle
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 172

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit