Skip to main content
Topic: Dometic Fridge Amps (Read 195 times) previous topic - next topic
Dometic Fridge Amps
I’m chasing down an electrical issue with our RV storage 20A shore power.  A piece of information I need to continue problem solving is how many amps does a Dometic fridge draw on the lowest setting when connected to shore power?

Our fridge is drawing 2.6A on the lowest settings according to our Kill-a-Watt meter.

Thank you for guidance.

Re: Domestic Fridge Amps
Reply #1
I’m chasing down an electrical issue with our RV storage 20A shore power.  A piece of information I need to continue problem solving is how many amps does a Domestic fridge draw on the lowest setting when connected to shore power?

Our fridge is drawing 2.6A on the lowest settings according to our Kill-a-Watt meter.
It’s Dometic, might want to change your topic for future searches.

Assuming is similar to the Dometic Model RM2662 (used in 2005 LDs) then you should expect 2.7 amps, your reading is within the expected +/- 10%

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Dometic-RM2662-Diagnostic-Service-Manual.pdf

Dave

2017 TK

Re: Dometic Fridge Amps
Reply #3
I figured out that our new RV neighbor in storage has an electrical issue in our shared plug that is popping the 20A breaker.   I certainly hope he takes care of his issue sooner rather than later. 

I’m also glad it’s not us!  Meanwhile, we’re using another plug 🔌 much further away. 

And so it goes.

Re: Dometic Fridge Amps
Reply #4
I figured out that our new RV neighbor in storage has an electrical issue in our shared plug that is popping the 20A breaker.   I certainly hope he takes care of his issue sooner rather than later. 
Glad it’s not your issue.

I’m guessing their RV is expecting 30A and drawing accordingly.   I left my LD at a friend’s place south of Buffalo until my return for fall colors, it’s been a very long time since I hooked up to 15A, and kept tripping the breaker.  First time I thought it was my bad for running the AC on 15A, but it kept happening, until I remembered I had to tell my Victron to only use 14A, letting the inverter/battery cover the shortfall.

Dave

2017 TK