Skip to main content
Topic: 12v engine battery size needed. it was stolen  (Read 184 times) previous topic - next topic
12v engine battery size needed. it was stolen
Somebody tried to steal my 1990 lazy daze. They busted out the ignition and stole the 12 volt engine battery. They did not get away with the motorhome thank goodness.
The problem I'm having is the battery size that's listed in my manual is obsolete and every battery place I try says there's not a replacement for it. I even tried our local Ford dealer.
Is there somebody that has an older rig that can please tell me what size battery they are using.
My manual says the battery was a BXT 64A
Thank you!

Re: 12v engine battery size needed. it was stolen
Reply #1
You might try calling a local auto parts store to see if they can recommend an equivalent. Good luck!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #2
Hi Shawn. Modern sizes are a 24F  smaller and a size 65 larger. You can measure the space with a tape measure, go to an automotive store and see which size will fit best. Height of the battery has to fit under the hood also.  Larger is better. The Ford should have the 460 CID V8 engine.  The polarity is what best fits the cables you have.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #3
Thank you for the reply. I will check those two battery sizes. I appreciate the help! 

Reply #4
Ford lists these as the dimensions for the battery. When you locate replacements, note the positions of the positive and negative terminals for compatibility:

Width 6 5/16" x length at top 11 5/8" x height 8 13/16", cold cranking - 650 amp

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit