Skip to main content
Topic: Tool Recommendation (Read 275 times) previous topic - next topic
Tool Recommendation
I have a monster 1/2" Milwaukee impact which I use on the rig's lug nuts. However, its charge was low and it wouldn't break them loose. Instead of waiting for the 1/2" to charge I grabbed my stubby 3/8" Milwaukee impact and went to work. It removed all the nuts without breaking a sweat! That's overcoming 150 ft # 32 times. I gotta say I was impressed. It's nice and light and fits in some pretty tight spaces.

Anyhow, if you're looking for an impact to carry around for the lug nuts, this is a good choice. Matter of fact, in that I only use the big one for that purpose, I'm going to give it to one of my kids!!!  :D
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Tool Recommendation
Reply #1
Good info, we use the big one on a lot of bolts on the snow groomer. I would of never thought the smaller 3/8" would of been up to the task.

Jon
1994 MB

Reply #2
I carry a 3/8” Ryobi Impact for repairs while on the road, it doesn’t have the power to break loose lug nuts but works fine on most other things.  I have a 1/2” battery impact for home use, but it’s a bit too heavy to carry on the road.
In almost 30 years of LD ownership, we only had to change a tire while traveling once. A 1/2 breaker bar and cheater are carried just in case. 

This post number, 10,000, is another milestone. Added to the 3000 postings lost during the Yahoo switchover, the total is 13,000, finally catching up with Andy.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #3
Congratulations, Larry! 😀
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
I carry a 3/8” Ryobi Impact for repairs while on the road, it doesn’t have the power to break loose lug nuts but works fine on most other things.  I have a 1/2” battery impact for home use, but it’s a bit too heavy to carry on the road.
In almost 30 years of LD ownership, we only had to change a tire while traveling once. A 1/2 breaker bar and cheater are carried just in case. 

This post number, 10,000, is another milestone. Added to the 3000 postings lost during the Yahoo switchover, the total is 13,000, finally catching up with Andy.

Larry

Congrats, Larry! I’m only 3,810 behind you. 😉
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
Thanks for sharing the stats.

And thanks to you all that are so engaged and make this a wonderful, open, safe place for us all to learn and share. What a unique community we have with the LDOG!

Congrats Larry!! Keep on posting!!
Jodi, Kevin, and Lincoln (the crazy doodle dog)
2011 TK - also the "DogHaus"- adopted October 2023
2000 30IB - the "DogHaus" - adopted April 2020 - rehomed October 2023