Skip to main content
Topic: Houghton A/C Maintenance (Read 238 times) previous topic - next topic
Houghton A/C Maintenance
Pulled some maintenance on the RecPro Houghton A/C today. We've been running it for a year now. Most of its use has been here at home. We live in an area without paved roads and it can get pretty dusty. This time of year, I run it continually to keep the rig between 85 and 90 degrees. Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised that the condenser looked almost new and the evaporator looked new. Just a little dust on the condenser and really nothing on the evap.

The condenser on the Houghton is sealed pretty tight, much more so than other brands I've owned (Dometic and Atwood (before Dometic  bought them). The Houghton is a little more complicated to clean. You have to remove 10 screws to expose the condenser (photo). Other than that, the job is the same as with any other that I've seen.
jor

09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Re: Houghton A/C Maintenance
Reply #1
Is this the quiet one I've been hearing about? Do you think it is a lot quieter?
2016 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Do you think it is a lot quieter?

It is much quieter than the Dometic that I had before. Well constructed and very well packed for shipping. The Houghton is one of several great choices now for RV air conditioners.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #3
It is much quieter than the Dometic that I had before. Well constructed and very well packed for shipping. The Houghton is one of several great choices now for RV air conditioners.
jor
Why did you select the Houghton over the others?
2013 27’ Mid-Bath
2005 Honda CR-V

Reply #4
Why did you select the Houghton over the others?

My Dometic let me down. I did some research and liked what I read. They are quieter and better built than the old Dometic. Of course, it was manufactured in 2008. So I can recommend the Houghton but there are other good alternatives.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester