Skip to main content
Topic: help to determine fair price for my lovely 2001 26.5ft. Island bed (Read 289 times) previous topic - next topic
help to determine fair price for my lovely 2001 26.5ft. Island bed
It's time to part with my dear Lazy Daze, as we are moving and it can't join us. I'm trying to determine a fair price.  It was made for my mother, and has been in the family since she passed. It's got >80k miles, is in great shape, no leaks, air conditioning and fridge is cold, solar and generator work great, has been well cared for and maintained. How do I figure out a fair price? ANy help appreciated!
Sean
2001 26' Mid Bath

Re: help to determine fair price for my lovely 2001 26.5ft. Island bed
Reply #1
Sorry to hear you have to sell.  I do not own a LD.  But I look all the time.  The prices I see for a unit like yours range from $20,000 - $30,000.  Also, units appear to not be selling like they used too.  That particular unit is not a popular one as it is tight inside in the living area.   So it may be more toward the lower range.  Without any pictures or further details that’s what I think.

I suggest to post outside and inside pictures here so members can more easily comment.  In addition to general description list, these items will help determine value: 
Are the end caps cracked? 
Were end caps repaired at any time?
Was the roof ever resealed? When? Who did it? 
Was it stored indoors?  Under a cover? Or outside? 

Have a Great Day!

Ron S
Ron and Linda
Ada Michigan

Reply #2
I am sorry to hear this as well.  I can say that I have been tracking 26 Mid Baths in this year range for better part of a year.  I just bought mine in April here in CA.  It is a 2000.  Prices then were $20-22k.  A month or so after, asking prices were approaching $25k.  I have even seen some (2003ish) where they asked $30k just recently.  I will say I had a hard time paying on the lower end of these scales for such an old Rig but it is what I really wanted and the rig was well cared for.   

So about the same range that Ron S. suggests and he has other great suggestions.  Mine was priced twice what Nada/JD Powers suggested.  It Appears Nada/JD list 2001 MB for $10,700 for Southern CA but you really can't go by this for these special units, however some people might try to tell you otherwise.

Ramon
2000 Mid-Bath
2012 Lance 830 Truck Camper/2006 Cummins Dodge Ram Megacab
1985 Multi Plan - Donated to the American Breast Cancer Foundation.

Reply #3
Hi Sakelsey,

Sorry to hear this as well.  Your post title calls your beloved 26.5 LD an "Island Bed" while the signature says "MB" (Mid Bath?).

In my limited experience, those are two very different models...  and I wanted to share that if it is an Island Bed (IB), it's a pretty rare model in my experience and from what I've read here.  I love the IB layout and a few months ago *finally* found a 1995 IB model in decent condition.  I'm pretty sure I way overpaid for it but it was worth it to get the layout I love the best.   Someone else might feel the same about your IB?

As far as value, when I was looking, 2000 -2001 LD's in good condition were in the $25k to $35k range in asking price.  A few of them sold very quickly. 

An important factor seemed to be "location". The units that sold very quickly seemed to be in the Southwest...  and the asking prices here seemed higher?

Another important factor is time.  If you have a fair amount of time to sell, asking a higher price might be acceptable...  if "time is of the essence" then listing it lower is likely a better strategy and might prevent a last minute major price cut because you're out of time.  Prices tend to drop as we approach the end of Summer and then go back up in Spring from what I've seen. 

Best,

Mark
1995 26.5 Island Bed

Reply #4
Thanks everyone, very helpful. FWIW the roof was resealed last summer (by ALL-BRAND RV REPAIR, INC., 2717-B Oakland Ave. Elkhart,NI 46517--they were excellent). I'll put up a few pics when I get a chance.
Sean
2001 26' Mid Bath

Reply #5
Sean, FWIW, here is another source of information:

The Lazy Daze Companion: Lazy Daze Price Guide

Good luck with your sale!
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264