Skip to main content
Topic: Line-X (Read 316 times) previous topic - next topic
Line-X
Hi Everyone,

My LD body is in need of a fair amount of TLC, especially the lower color. I plan on doing many desert trips in the future. Has anyone ever considered or used Line-x on the lower portion of the coach?

-Will
1999 MB, 7.3L PowerStroke

Re: Line-X
Reply #1
Line-X is usually used to coat the beds of pickup trucks. I have seen lower sections of Jeeps coated with the stuff, can’t say I am thrilled with the look but everyone has their preferences.
Line-X is tough and would help prevent pinstriping scratches along the sides…if you plan to use your LD as an off-road vehicle.

FYI, LDs make terrible off-road vehicles. we own a Jeep for such activities.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Line-X is usually used to coat the beds of pickup trucks. I have seen lower sections of Jeeps coated with the stuff, can’t say I am thrilled with the look but everyone has their preferences.
Line-X is tough and would help prevent pinstriping scratches along the sides…if you plan to use your LD as an off-road vehicle.

FYI, LDs make terrible off-road vehicles. we own a Jeep for such activities.

Larry

Hey Larry,

I am not planning on using it as an off road vehicle but I will be taking my TOAD to the desert. I do plan on repainting the lowest stripe when I get the body work done. Was considering using it on the lower section.

- Will

Reply #3
Line-X is usually used to coat the beds of pickup trucks

My youngest and his wife are car guys. A few months ago they bought a Toyota Hi-Lux 4wd with right hand drive. They had the entire exterior painted with Line-X. I really like the look. Should have snapped a photo of that thing!
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #4
We had our 2001 Jeep Wrangler painted with Line-X as here in New Mexico, paint over time tends to... fade.  We are thrilled with the results as washing is simply rinsing off mud & grime, no special finishes and especially, no more waxing! 

We boonrock now almost exclusively in BLM, Forest Service lands and occasionally state & national parks.  We don't 4-wheel in it (that's what the jeep is for) but do go "off-road" on well graded dirt roads.  Have given thought to have our LD painted using Line-X (with the same LD color/design scheme).  Really like the matte finish and not having to wax! 
2006 24’ TK
570 watts solar, 300Ah lithium
SKP Lifetime member #105622
Land of Enchantment

Reply #5
Jaxon,

The Jeep looks great. I like the idea of using white for the lower portion but a color match would be great too.