Skip to main content
Topic: Can LD decals be hand painted? (Read 285 times) previous topic - next topic
Can LD decals be hand painted?
The Lazy Daze decal at the front of our MB is quite faded after 14 years of outdoor storage (see photo).  We are wondering if the decal can be rejuvenated by hand painting using a soft artist type brush.  Has anyone tried this, and if so, what paint did you use and how did it work out?
Paul
2010 MB (2011-present)                                                                                        
1994 Multiplan (1997-2010)

Re: Can LD decals be hand painted?
Reply #1
I don't know about painting it but you can order a new one from Todd at Ldrvtodd@yahoo.com. I think I paid like $65 or so.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #2
Hi JOR;  When did you buy the decal?  That was one of the items that I never got around to obtaining before the factory closed.  I had scraped mine off, (it was in terrible shape) when I repainted the front faux windows. The back tire cover decal is still in good shape because it is out of the sun mostly. The plan was to drive up to Montclair (in a car) to visit friends in the area, but Covid spooked parts sales from LD.  RonB 
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #5
When did you buy the decal?

About three weeks ago from Todd.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #6
What would the surface prep be for a new decal?

I'll probably use a drill motor and one of those rubber-like 3M decal remover wheels to remove the old decal followed by a light abrasive to clean the surface and then try to get the new decal in the same spot. I've done it before on a small area of another rig. Not too bad although the removal of the old decal takes awhile.

On other forums there are lots of threads which describe different ways to remove decals and the whole process in general.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester

Reply #7
Thanks JOR. I got no response quite a while ago from Todd when I enquired then about a new front decal.  I'll try again.  RonB 
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #8
Ron
You should try again.  I emailed him a couple months ago about a new skylight cover.  He responded right away.  BTW, I installed said cover today on our Shakedown weekend.   It's a very nice product. 

I would be interested in a front decal as well for my 2000.

Ramon
2000 Mid-Bath
2012 Lance 830 Truck Camper/2006 Cummins Dodge Ram Megacab
1985 Multi Plan - Donated to the American Breast Cancer Foundation.