Skip to main content
Topic: Body damage, accident repair  (Read 195 times) previous topic - next topic
Body damage, accident repair
Hi friends, we recently had a storm which damaged our 2002 Lazy Daze 24'.  Should I be going to someone who does Lazy Daze specifically?  Windows and door would have to come off to do miniscule repair on side!  Worries me for future leaks.  Mainly One side dented and scratched and awning case was dented and some minor damage to roof mainly edge seal which I temporarily calked, but some water could have gotten in overnight in downpour.  Not sure where to have estimate and repair.  Geico wants us to take pictures and they will do preliminary lowball estimate online and when repairs done they will update.  (They originally said to get an estimate somewhere, then said they would send someone out to assess, now want us to take multiple photos for upload online using their app.  Then it is up to us to find a repair shop.) 
We are temporarily in Wisconsin near Minneapolis but heading back to New Mexico next week.

Re: Body damage, accident repair
Reply #1
Since LD closed two years ago, the only place that I can recommend is Leisure Coach Works in Fontana, CA. Vince, LD’s former shop manager, works there and is the only person I would trust to disassemble the sides of an LD; he has a lot of experience repairing LDs.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Body damage, accident repair
Reply #2
Thanks for your help Larry!