Skip to main content
Topic: Trip Report Newfoundland (Read 166 times) previous topic - next topic
Trip Report Newfoundland
Technically still have one more day in Qubec City. Hope you will enjoy this report. If you can change quality setting and watch it on a bigger screen ... hope it will whorthwhile your time ... https://youtu.be/m-d7Yr6bLZY?si=UVQKW9Mx7-WkBNAK

Mike,
Coastal route suggestion was very good. Now I have another favorite route ....

Dave,
Hope I will get the preveledge to travel with you again.

PS: I selected background music as versus from the Quran where Lord is challenging the mankind on why we do not think about the creation ...

Re: Trip Report Newfoundland
Reply #1
Creation is a beautiful thing.
Much of the landscape reminds me of the coastlines of B.C. and Alaska—similar latitudes.
I'm happy you found a playground not so far from home.

North country lover
Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Larry,
I think I mentioned here about my depression coming back from Alaska, Yukon and BC. I was not expecting much in Newfoundland but leaving satisfied. Of course I did not see ice capped mountains but saw different beautiful landscape and have more appreciated of supper power ....

Will take one week rest home and will spend two months in South. That trip is kind of forced as youngest one decided for graduate school in Texas and I found the reason to see four new to us National Parks and put few more stickers on the map. I am sure it will be very different landscape as we passed through these states but never really took time to explore.

Whenever you respond to my msg, it make me happy. You, and .... I sure will miss names if I start putting them ... helped me introduce to this dimention of life.

Regards,

Reply #3
It’s been my pleasure to share portions of our Alaska and Newfoundland adventures.

Sad our paths won’t cross again next year in New Zealand.

Newfoundland is such a boondocking paradise, even more so than Alaska, I rarely have stopped by formal campgrounds and usually for comforts such as showers.

Tonight’s and last night’s view, and it’s rare for me NOT to be on the coast
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #4
Tonight’s campsite over looking Mad Rocks.
Dave

2017 TK

Reply #5
Dave, you have just scratched the surface of all the wonders of Newfoundland as I did many years ago. That is why I have returned 23 times in the last 40 years and I still haven't been everywhere. The friendly people, the unique culture, language and music is like no where else in North America. We have many friends across the island which is like our second home. I'm glad you were able to experience being there.
Mike
2010 RB "Monty"  & currently: 2021 RB "Villa Verde"
2004 Born Free 26'
1998 Beaver Patriot 33'
1992 Barth Breakaway 28'
1982 Fleetwood Jamboree 23'
1982 Dolphin/Toyota 22'