Skip to main content
Topic: Gasket for round lenses? (Read 194 times) previous topic - next topic
Gasket for round lenses?
Hi all— I am looking for a source for the gasket that goes between the rear round lenses and the body.  Lens measures 4 1/4”.  Gasket seems to be paper or petrified rubber?  Checked Amazon, but I am not really sure what I am looking for.  Anybody have a source?
2007 'TK 24'

Re: Gasket for round lenses?
Reply #1

Finding the old-style paper gasket is going to be tough. An o-ring like this one might work if it isn't too thick.
242 Silicone O-Ring, 70A Durometer, Red, 4" ID, 4-1/4" OD, 1/8" Width (Pack...

Thinner o-rings can be made by buying thin stock and gluing a custom-sized o-ring using super glue.
https://www.amazon.com/Nominal-Buna-N-Durometer-Thickness-10/dp/B00QVB3RI4/ref=sr_1_4?crid=2WH3XM2XK5T0U&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.4Puhx-jZtGDboYHSUj80RGOJ37XZLdIWm8IIq2MR0O4g4EC-_VoygQQqokebFcG6IGGoQZn9Pm7_j19nT5ydqza3FqL_jTA2uWCfb9ZPPOkiTkwI-FRc1V3--ZQuTXbs-1TpsXXlprUiyzyaZ4N5oZpwpSHzaTrlN4NUimV_9z0gS8AayTccrE-Z1fvc_1sbX_jRi1oEySeTsDutM0H_HPH6iT9bG0TSzrOubdZ7ViL7ACIqcdAIfTEHSg2S7Z8SAMar7wx9vuMx89BzsCgQOEgQFNJoIfklExbwS-6h4os.UHo9Vyqhx5pULkg2rNF3zdaMjjKJI3nZsZh0rBp65NQ&dib_tag=se&keywords=bulk%2Bo-ring%2Bmaterial&qid=1719966964&s=industrial&sprefix=bulkk%2Bo-ring%2Bmaterial%2Cindustrial%2C223&sr=1-4&th=1

This might be an opportunity to switch to LED replacement fixtures, better in so many ways.

Larry

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #2
Thanks Larry—do you have a link/source for the LED replacement fixtures you mentioned?   As mine is a 2007 and has the old style round lights at the back, I would like to maintain the original appearance.  Thanks for your input!
2007 'TK 24'

Reply #3
Hi Chartrue2;  I'm not Larry, but our archives have lots of entries about rear LED replacement lights. Some may be out of date for links by now, but I've changed out all of my lights except for the headlights (soon!) with LED.
    Trailer Battery Charge Circuit - SuperBright LED Bulb Chart/Recommendations
    I don't remember there being any gaskets anywhere in the old tail lights. My year model ('99) was under wired and incapable of having a bright display of tail brake lights, with the 8 amps needed for incandescent bulbs. That was fixed by about 2003, so wouldn't affect your year.  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #4

Google 4" flanged LED tail light. You will find lots of choices.

Amazon.com : 4 brake lights led

Larry

Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #5
Larry, thank you!
2007 'TK 24'

Reply #6

Hi Larry, Lots of choices out there, I remember not too long ago there weren't many.  DOT and SAE certification with FMVSS-108 seems sparse, and the need for some red reflectivity , usually stick on reflectors on the bumper.  RonB

added: The picture is taken at dusk (sky in upper right of photo).  The LED lights were non reflective. The license plate was (Mass.) but not all states have reflective surfaces on their plates.  So just the two stick on reflectors mounted on the bumper.   Amazon.com: GG Grand General 80866 12 X 1 Inches Red Reflector Strip with 2...   I think these were the ones I used.  RonB

RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB