Skip to main content
Topic: Dog House Project  (Read 180 times) previous topic - next topic
Dog House Project
Someone in this Neighborhood mentioned in recent years that they had removed the carpet from their dog house.  Then they painted it.  So I’m interested in learning more about that project.

Secondly, I think 🤔 I remember that they added new sound and heat insulation too. I’d be interested to know if that’s correct, what materials did they use.

We’d like that to be our next project.  Thanks in advance for any guidance. 

Re: Dog House Project
Reply #1
That might have been me, Ed. Here's a few photos.

Once you get the carpet off you'll have to fill some holes and do some sanding. You can use Bondo, JB Weld or whatever and just rattlecan whatever color you like. The interior of the doghouse has an insulated insert. I first added an automotive sound deadening product to the insert. That worked fine. Then I got the bright idea to add some heat insulation in the area of the doghouse where our rigs get warmest. That turned out to be a goofy idea as the rats had a heyday with that. I got rid of that and simply added another application of my sound deadener and called it a day.

If you add insulation to the insert, I would suggest you get the best heat and sound insulation you can find but stay with solid material to keep the rats from chowing down.
jor
09 27' MB
10  Suby Forester