Skip to main content
Topic: Pomona or Montclair for decal/sticker?? (Read 359 times) previous topic - next topic
Pomona or Montclair for decal/sticker??
Just purchased my 1st Lazy Daze after years of interest.  1996  23' front lounge.  Just starting on improvements and my very 1st will be to the faded "Lazy Daze" decal up front just under the fake over cab windows.   This LD only has "Lazy Daze" there, with no city listed underneath.  I've seen both "Pomona, CA" and "Montclair, CA" on other LD's out there but am not sure which of the two cities I should put on my decal (evidently I have a choice).  Does anyone know which of the two cities I should show if wanting to keep this as original as possible?  Thank you very much! 
Patient man, finally found my LD. 1996  FL 23.5

Re: Pomona or Montclair for decal/sticker??
Reply #1
Hi Traveling FireFighter;  My '99 has Montclair.  The factory didn't move but the city boundary did, so the name changed from Pomona, to Montclair.  A link to a more complete description  Where the 1980's RV's came from    Your '96 might have said Pomona. Someone with a '96 may respond here.
    With the factory gone two years ago, getting a new sticker may be impossible.  I've been without the front logo decal now for about 6 years.
    Of course you want to match the location on the rear tire cover decal.  Your 23.5' (Ford?) front lounge does have a tire at least.   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
Looking at brochures I downloaded for the various years, in '96 LD listed their address as Pomona, and in '98 as Montclair. I do not have a brochure for '97.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
If you're interested, this eBay site has retro Lazy Daze decals (Pomona only). 

<snip> Canned Ham Decals opened for business in 2009, we have grown to offer nearly 200 vintage travel trailer decals to the restoration industry. Stop by and take a look frequently and don't be afraid to ask if you cant find it here.

If you're looking for Montclair, it looks like they could fabricate one...

Cheryl (a.k.a. Desert Diva)
1998 Lazy Daze (26.5 mid-bath)
2002 Honda CR-V

Reply #4
Thank you all very much!  I'm excited to get started and this certainly helped.  Much appreciated.  :)
Patient man, finally found my LD. 1996  FL 23.5

Reply #5
I also have a 96 23.5 FL.
Mine says Pomona, Calif.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #6
Looking at brochures I downloaded for the various years, in '96 LD listed their address as Pomona, and in '98 as Montclair. I do not have a brochure for '97.

Steve, looks like '97 still said Pomona:
1997 Lazy Daze 26.5 MID-BATH in Placentia, CA
Greg & Victoria
2017 Mid-Bath  “Nocona” towing a manual 2015 Forester
Previously a 1985 TK
SKP #61264

Reply #7
Thanks Greg;  What I call block Letters alternately rotated off axis.  I call my lettering "Puffy Letters". So maybe my style showed up in '98 or '99.
    I have contacted "CannedHamDecals" to see if they could make more modern decals for LD.  They might have to contact Steve Newton about making decals. That might spur Steve into providing a contact for whomever made LD's decals for the company. ( Of course the reported "supply chain interruptions" might have included said decal makers too.)
    In 2017 I visited the factory and obtained some external decals to replace faded signs.   (identifiers for various compartment doors i.e. water, fuel, valves, LP GAS, etc.)   RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #8
As I've mentioned in other emails, my 97 LD decal says Pomona.  I've sent photos before, but here goes --
Kristin in Alaska

1997 MB

Reply #9
Mine also has the same stickers on the spare tire cover.
Jota
96 23.5 FL

Reply #10
So right!  And those LD decals held up perfectly all these years. 
A lot better than the "fake overhead windows"!
Kristin
1997 MB