Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 MB Smoke and CO Detector (Read 232 times) previous topic - next topic
2019 MB Smoke and CO Detector
I need to replace my smoke and CO detector.  The current (original) one is a First Alert SCO5RVA, which is no longer made. The First Alert website allows you search for a replacement model, but it returned a "Not Found" for SCO5RVA.

Does anyone know the replacement model number for a detector that would have the same size mounting bracket ?

The First Alert SCO5CN appears in pictures to be the same from the front, but I can't tell about the bracket. It wouldn't be a big deal if I had to replace the bracket. I'm just trying to keep it simple.

Bill Moss
2019 MB and 2010 Honda Fit

Re: 2019 MB Smoke and CO Detector
Reply #1

Hi Bill;  The RVA designation at the end of your part number may not be available anymore. But the current 'CN' model should do.  As far as vibration, dust/dirt and exposure to high and low temperatures, I think that residential models work just fine in our Lazy Dazes. I use separate CO and smoke detectors because mine came with separate holes in the wall and ceiling, even though they are just inches apart. My CO monitor will read out levels of CO even if it didn't reach alarm levels.
     The one you mentioned may have the same bracket.   First Alert Powered Alarm SCO5CN Combination Smoke and Carbon Monoxide...  Amazon has a wide selection and one of them should 'fit the bill' (sorry I couldn't resist that)  and use the same bracket that you already have installed.   RonB

edit: The exact alarm still seems to be available at Amazon:  First Alert SCO5RVA Battery Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke...  RonB

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB

Reply #2
Looks like they carry the current model at Lowes and Best Buy. If either of those are local, I would take yours in to compare...

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
The First Alert SCO5CN is the correct replacement for the First Alert SCO5RVA. They both use the same bracket.

There is a SCO5RVA available on Amazon, but it appears to be only available in Canada.

Bill Moss
2019 MB and 2010 Honda Fit

Reply #4
Thanks Bill. That followup will help our owners of newer Lazy Dazes find the right replacements.  That five year timeout makes me feel older to realize that a motorhome twenty years newer than mine, already needs a new CO/ LPG detector!  RonB
RonB (Bostick) living in San Diego
Original owner of "Bluebelle" a '99 TKB