Skip to main content
Topic: Ceiling inside roof repair  (Read 190 times) previous topic - next topic
Ceiling inside roof repair
I have a 2006 mid Bath and after 18 years I’ve had my first water intrusion over the cab. Apparently this happened after a trip to Texas with incredible storms.
I will fix the water intrusion by re-sealing the top front third of the RV including new eterna bond.
My plan to repair the inside damage (approximately 18“ x 18“) is to cut out the damage section, Repair and replace affected parts.
Then I need to find the white ceiling material that Lazy Daze used to cover that up, Followed by a seam covering of some sort.
It will be obvious that something was done in that spot, but I’m hoping it doesn’t look too unattractive.
I’m sure there are many things to be considered before I start but my first question is does anyone know where I might acquire this White (is it vinyl)ceiling material? Perhaps I put a section of nice 1/8” panel over the hole and paint it.  Plastic molding over the seams maybe.
Any other thoughts or suggestions?
2006 MB

Re: Ceiling inside roof repair
Reply #2
SoCal Gal recently finished an extensive rot repair in the bunk area, she used wallpaper to cover the new paneling.
Bunk rot repair,

Odds are any new white paneling will be a different shade and will need painting the ceiling in the bunk area to match.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: Ceiling inside roof repair
Reply #3
What SoCal Gal did is crazy impressive.  If I thought I could pay someone to do this job I would do so but I think I will just use what she did for inspiration.
2006 MB