Skip to main content
Topic: A Peculiar Water Pump Issue (Read 94 times) previous topic - next topic
A Peculiar Water Pump Issue
We recently replaced our water pump with a new backup pump.   The old pump was installed by Camping World for the previous owners more than 10 years ago.

While inspecting the older pump I noticed for the first time a 1/4” gap between the front housing and the main section.  Upon closer inspection, the pump was missing a screw on the upper right side and the lower right screw was loose. 

I removed a screw from a new uninstalled backup pump to replace the missing screw but that hole was stripped.  And I couldn’t tighten the lower screw.  So we removed the pump and searched everywhere for the missing screw.  It wasn’t to be found.

After installing the new pump, I loosed all the screws on the old outlet housing and sequentially tightened them. I found a screw and nut in my bin for the stripped out hole which tightened everything up.   So we now have a used backup water pump with the outlet housing properly attached.

However, I’m inclined to think Camping World sold the previous owners a defective pump.  I certainly could be wrong but that’s my conclusion.

Edit:  Maybe not defective but certainly not complete.  And that Shurflo worked flawlessly for over 10 years!  👌